Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kim Horner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Allergic reaction on my ankles
    Hi

I used to suffer from a rash on my ankles and legs that was extremely itchy.

I think this was caused by ankle braces I need to wear to play sport.

I hadn't used the ankle braces for about 5 years until two nights ago and now the reaction is happening again.

I need to wear these ankle braces and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Any help would be great.

Cheers
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Dry skin? That is my thought.

Have you tried a body lotion for dry skin?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 06:47 PM

What about putting a thin sock layer between the braces and your skin
    Kim Horner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Thanks heaps guys,

Unfortunately lotions and potions haven't worked it seems I have tried everything.

I do wear socks that go under the braces and no part of the ankle brace actually touches my skin.

I am starting to think that perhaps it is a heat issue that is causing the rash but can't be sure.

Thank you both once again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic reaction on using Hair colour [ 9 Answers ]

I am 53 years, more than 50% hair has become gray which is not acceptable to me. I tried many hair dyes to make it black but all of those causes allergic ( skin ) reaction. Now I am using henna, but its red colour is also unaccetable. How can I make my hair black without causing any allergic...

Sunburn--Allergic reaction to aloe. [ 4 Answers ]

HI there, I am wondering if there is some product that I can use to minimize my burns? Something that doesn't contain aloe... I seem to have an allergic reaction to it...

Allergic Reaction or WHAT! [ 5 Answers ]

Today is Thursday. Monday morning I started my day off normal only to notice really bad itching accompanied with the feeling of getting bit by a bug. It feels kind of like a fly biting me. It occurs all over my arms and belly and back. I have a few reb blood marks like something has bit me. I...

Allergic reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Our dachsund got his distemper and rabies shot yeasturday. They said he may have a alergic reation and he is getting lumps that are coming and going throughout his head area. His ears are red on the inside too. Please advise, thank you

View more questions Search