Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beesonite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Renter of a home for Sale
    I am curently renting a home for sale. My Question is Can my Landlord or real estate agent take picture of the inside & contents of my home without my permission & list the on the internet & flyers ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 06:40 PM
    They may take photos of "their" home both inside and out, if your "belongings" happen to be in th photo, then it will be in the photo. Yes they can.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Carefully read your lease regarding the LL right to access the property, it may have a stipulation regarding reasonable notice but maybe not.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 06:39 AM
    I would say they are probably within the law on it, but it sounds like they're not being very considerate. Since they'll be relying on you to have the house looking nice for showings, etc, and you'll be relying on them to be considerate about notifying you of showings, etc, both sides need to work together and have some good agreements.

I would just call the owner and be very friendly (initially) and say that you want to work together on this. Tell them that you really feel like your privacy was violated by those pictures being taken without your permission and you're getting a little apprehensive about the situation.

Either side can make the other side miserable in this process, so I'd try to reach some agreements and common ground ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renter Rights on Foreclosed home [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a 2 yr lease with option to buy. I was only here 6 months before I received the notice taped to my house. The landlord obviously wasn't paying the mortgage with my rent nor did he contact me about this. He threatens me that he'll evict me, however the lease is now voided, so he can not do...

Renter who home owner filed for bankruptcy [ 9 Answers ]

I am a military member from VA who was notified that our property owner filed for bankruptcy. We have to be out of the property within 30 days? Do I have any right to stay until my lease ends? Will the bank or new owner honor our lease? Please help? :confused:

House for sale with renter [ 2 Answers ]

I am 3 months into a 12-month lease. The owner has listed the house for a "short sale". Does this mean that it is in foreclosure? What happens to my lease if the house is sold or foreclosed on? It doesn't address this situation in my lease. Do I lose my deposit? If the new owner doesn't want...

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

Renter in a Lease - Wanting to Purchasing A Home [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me please, I am currently in a lease for the past 19-months and have 5-more left to go on a 2-year Rental Lease. With the housing market prices falling, I decided that I want to purchase a house. Is there anywhere in Maryland Law that indicates that if a Renter wants to purchase a...

View more questions Search