Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 17, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Restaurant Suggestions for New York City
    We'll be in NYC in early December, and are looking for a fabulous place for dinner, near Lincoln Center, to celebrate my significant other's birthday. Where would you go? We like everything, and are willing to pay for a very special meal.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
    There are so many great restaurants in NYC. What kind of food and atmosphere does he like? Why does it have to be near Lincoln Center?

Sep 18, 2008, 12:48 AM
    Near Lincoln Center because we'r going to the Met Opera afterward, and won't have time to go to other areas of the city. All ethnicities are good-- we've been to Lupo, Esca, 11 Madison, Bolo, Palio (the expensive ones), and to Puglia, Rain and other less costly ones. We don't like tasting menus such as those offered by Thomas Keller. A $30 spoonful of picture perfect food is just plain ridiculous. Is Rosa Mexicano a viable choice?
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 05:49 AM
    I so agree about Thomas Keller - I once spent $1,400 for lunch for 4 at Per Se :eek: But there are other good restaurants in the Time Warner Center. Porterhouse New York (chef Michael Lamonico from Windows on the World), Mesa (excellent, but makes Per Se look cheap), and Landmarc (french/american bistro)

Anyway, Rosa Mexicana is across the street from Lincoln Center on the corner of 62nd Street. Great upscale, fun Mexican.

Jeffrey Chodorow (Asian de Cuba, China Grill, Ono, Kobe Club, etc) is about to open a steak house in the Empire Hotel (63rd Street) called Center Cut.

Café Des Artiste is an old school classic french on 67th Street

Picholine on 64th Street

Compass on 70th Street

Sep 18, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Thanks. I didn't know about Chodorow at the Empire. I'm thinking of staying there. I can't give you any more positive feedback until I give some to somebody else first. Or so the pop-up says.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 09:47 AM
    So, I have a client in town who is staying at the Empire. I met him there for a drink last night. The hotel is beautiful. I would highly recommend you staying there.

Sep 20, 2008, 09:44 AM

Thanks.! And thank you for remembering me and my question. I do think that this is where I will go. I read a little about Chodorow's upcoming new venture--not terribly positive expectations. We'll probably go to Picholine, Dovetail, or Rosa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nonresident tax in New York City [ 5 Answers ]

First of all, I would like to thank the person who will be providing me with the answer. My question is: I am currently on H1- B visa status, have been on it for the past one year. Have been working in NYC for the past 2 yrs ( 1 year in OPT and 1 in H1-b) and living in queens. I heard from a...

NJ working in New York City [ 3 Answers ]

I have two questions to ask: I am a sales person that works in New York but live in New Jersey. 20% of my accounts are in NJ but the balance are in the city. (a) Do I have to pay NY State tax and NJ tax. (b) This situation started last November so do I need to file a tax return for both states...

New York City Income Tax [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is a resident of and attends college in Wisconsin. During the summer she had a paid internship in New York City. I believe she is considered a non-resident for NT state income tax purposes. But what about for the New York City income tax? She subleased an apartment on Avenue A for three...

New York City Tax for E2 visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am a foreigner with E1 visa residing in Queens, NY since April 2006. I am currently working in Manhatan. Do I have to pay the full New York City Tax? Thank you very much.

OPT Tax rate in New york city [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am an Indian student on OPT about to start work in a non profit organisation. I wanted to know how much is the OPT tax in New York? My OPT ends on July 19,2006. My income will be around 30-35k during this year.

View more questions Search