Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Wiring Issues -Replacing Rheem Thermostat with Honeywell
    I'm replacing a Rheem thermostat with a Honeywell 6300 for an electric heating/ac unit and I'm having trouble matching up the wire colors. The Rheem thermostat is one of the old ones with the mercury, so the wires aren't labeled only color coded. The Rheem thermostat has a yellow, blue, red, white, and black wire. I'm not sure what letters the black and blue wires should go to.

Proposed connections using Honewell RTH 6300B Tstat

Wire ----> Connected to -> T-stat
    --------------------------------

Red -----> Connected to -> R
    White ---> Connected to -> W
    Yellow --> Connected to -> Y
    Black ---> Connected to -> ???
    Blue ----> Connected to -> ???

Thanks
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 17, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Either the blue or the black wire has to be used to energize the fan, and one wire will probably be your common. You should check at the heating unit to see which wire goes where.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old thermostat with a Hunter 44110. Wiring issues. [ 4 Answers ]

We had an older CArrier thermostat. The old wiring went as follows... Orange = o/w2 Red = R y/y2 Yellow G = Green C = Black (Common) W/W1 = White New thermostat has the following

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

Wiring question replacing Honeywell thermostat w/Hunter [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing an old standard Honeywell thermostat (model T8034C) with a Hunter programmable digital model 44110. I have a 5-wire system. The wires are color coded and the Honeywell labels match the wire colors. Those are: White, Yellow, Green, Orange, and Red. THe only labels on the...

View more questions Search