Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kevin M Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Decreasing water pressure
    For some reason the water pressure in my kitchen sink has recently been reduced to a slow trikle. The rest of the house is fine it's only the kitchen sink.
    I took the Moen handle off (just the top) and all of the washers etc appear to be good. I also took off and cleaned the spray attachment and cleaned the screens and still no water pressure.
    Any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 15, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M
    For some reason the water pressure in my kitchen sink has recently been reduced to a slow trikle. The rest of the house is fine it's only the kitchen sink.
    I took the Moen handle off (just the top) and all of the washers etc appear to be good. I also took off and cleaned the spray attachment and cleaned the screens and still no water pressure.
    Any ideas?
    Hey Kevin,
    I need a few more details. You speak of a handle but Moen doesn't have washers on a one handled faucet. Also the sprayer would have nothing to do with the loss of pressure It has a cartridge. What kind of a faucet do you have? One handle or twl knobs? Did you remove the aerator from the spout and check the screens? When you had the faucet apart did you place a pan over the open faucet and turn the water back on to flush out the supplies and make sure that they were clear? Let me know, Tom

May 15, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Tom,
    Sorry you are right about the washers I was actually referring to the fittings beneath the actual faucet handle. Everything there appeared to be in working order.
    The faucet is a single handle Moen. I did remove the aerator and cleaned the screens and I did turn on the water without the arm attached and from what I could tell the pressure was OK.
    Eternal Plumber

May 15, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Hey Kevin,

Did you pull the cartridge (see image) and check the inlet ports for blockage?
    "I did turn on the water without the arm attached and from what I could tell the pressure was ok"
    Are you saying you removed the handle and the pressure was OK? Or was it the aerator that you removed? Please explain what you mean by "arm"?
    Regards, Tom

May 15, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Where is the cartridge and how do I pull it?
    Thanks for your help!

May 15, 2006, 04:57 PM
    Sorry I didn't see the rest of the questions.
    I Removed the lever handle, set screw, adjusting ring and cap assembly, spout, aerator, cam, ball, seats & springs and that's as far as I have got. I couldent see anything else to remove?
    Where can I find the cartridge?
    Thanks,

http://www.stemdoctor.com/single_con...cet_repair.htm

May 15, 2006, 05:32 PM
    The faucet is most similar to a Moen single control pullout.
    Eternal Plumber

May 16, 2006, 05:57 AM
    Back the truck up! In a earlier post you said," The faucet is most simular to a Moen single control pullout." and throughout our conversations you have constantly referred to it as a Moen valve. However, In your last post, " I Removed the lever handle, set screw, adjusting ring and cap assembly, spout, aerator, cam, ball, seats & springs." you have just described a Delta faucet, (See Image). No wonder you couldn't find a cartridge, your faucet doesn't have one. Are you quite certain that you flushed out the supplies when you had the faucet open? Let me know if this isn't what you have?
    I just opened up the attachment you sent. You indeed have a Delta/Peerless faucet.
    First check the ball and the openings the seats and springs fit into and clean out any built up crud. Now would be a good time to replace the seats and springs. But first place a pan over the open faucet and turn the water back on to flush out the supplies and make sure that they were clear. Sorry for the confusion. I was giving you instructions for a Moen faucet.

Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Low hot water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Distek2k Hello, I recently am having low water pressure through out my house. The house is only 7 yrs old. I did recently need to replace the pressure relief valve things seemed to be OK until recently I am getting low hot water pressure. Please help if you can Dave

Water pressure/water softener? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "waterfall" faucet in my tub (separate shower). I turned on the water to the tub the other day and it barely runs. Then tonight my daughter was running the tub faucet and I had no hot water pressure to the kitchen. This has never been a problem. I understand from reading that we may...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search