Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetangel2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Statue of limitations in ontario canada
    I have stopped paying my credit cards debts since 2005 due to unemployment until now, 2008. Will the new SOL rule of 2 yrs. Applies in my case or the old SOL for yrs. . Help
    Justice Matters Posts: 210, Reputation: 27

Sep 28, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Under Ontario's Limitations Act the limitation period for a cause of action that arose after January 1, 2004 is two years (certain conditions apply).

Be advised that either a payment (even a nominal one) or a written acknowledgment of the debt could re-start the limitation period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitations for Ontario [ 2 Answers ]

In the case of having no contact or answering letters or phone calls for over 30 months, Do the collection agencies have any right to collect or bother you with the section 4 of the statue act of 2002. Already in force in 2004.

Statue of limitation,ontario canada [ 2 Answers ]

If the new law went into effect on Jan 1, 2004 does the time lapse start from the last point of contact or last payment, even if the payment was 17 mthspast the maturaty date of the loan

What is the statue of limitations in Ontario, Canada in all areas? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations in Ontario?

Statue of limitations in Ontario [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone could help. I have been served with small claims papers with regards to my previous post on a debt that has been invoiced in Feb/05. I understand that that they can't proceed with legal proceedings after 2 years and it has been that now. I was hoping that...

View more questions Search