Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjrhoads Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Need Florida closed college transcript- Stratford
    Hi:

Anybody hear of Stratford Women's college (advertised in the back of Glamour Magazine in 1975)? The school went bankrupt (thanks mom and dad for checking that out in advance? ) and I was transferred to Tampa College (which was also bought out) I need transcripts from this/these Florida Colleges
    sherrysinspire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 08:51 AM
    I went to Stratford Women's College in 1975-76. They went bankrupt in 76 and I was not able to get any transcripts back then. I had to start over with another college. The list of Forida colleges that have closed over the years is unbelievable!

Jan 3, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Try the Florida Dept of Education website. I have to get transcripts fom another Florida college that closed down-- Southern College.
    Teri557 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 01:52 AM
    Sherry, I also went to Stratford College in 75-76. Since then I have always listed it along with the address (222 Polk Street I believe!) I've listed a couple of names of teachers, what I majored in (Public Relations) and that I graduated. I'm not sure why you are needing the transcripts now but NEVER have I been questioned or doubted except to be asked if I was aware it was closed.
    FYI, I don't know if you ever knew why it closed... not a good thing. So you won't be getting any type of paperwork from there anyway.
    What fun I had when I went there though... especially our trip to the Bahamas! Just wished I'd done a little more studying and a little less partying! I was 17 my parents dumped me there and moved on to Puerto Rico. Not a good thing to do to a young girl from a small Colorado town!
    Anyway... sorry but I hope I was able to help you with the info!

Feb 5, 2009, 04:26 AM

I just got my transcript from Southern College the college after Stratford . I was in the group that went to NYC-that was a lot of fun! My roomates went to the Bahamas.
    donnamalloy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Hi Sherry: I went to Stratford too the same time 75-76-- I was in the fashion merchandising program. I have kept in touch with a few of our classmates! We are planning a reunion... we would love to know your name or if you have a Facebook, see a picture so we can remember you...

As for the transcripts, I am having the same problem now. I had to start over again. I did find an old transfer notice I had from another school that did take and accept 16 of my credits only. My current school however, needs official transcripts so I am going to see if the school that did accept them in 1993 has a record. It is my only hope. Last I had heard, the Tampa College is now Florida Metropolitan University. Unfortunately, I didn't remember the address (Hillsborough?) to find the exact college. So I am in the same boat as you. I may try that Florida Dept of Education that was mentioned in the responses to this question. I hope you all see this message, because anyone who lived at Temple Terrace and or La Mancha Dos we are looking for them to come to our reunion. I found Vicky Mobley, Kerry Guest and Jvonna Mier. Anyone else you know... please let's talk!

Donna
    sjrhoads Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Hi Sherry:

I am so glad to finally find someone. I felt like I was dreaming that all up. I have been searching for some contacts for quite a long time.

I also was in the Public Relations and Travel. I went to the Bahamas with the group too. I did not keep touch with anyone. My roommates were Robin, Terry, Edie. I have forgotten the others' names.

I came to Stratford from PA and then stayed in Tampa after I graduated. I met my ex, had a wonderful son. Got divorced. Got married again. Had two more sons. It has been interesting.

Thank you for your help about the transcripts. I am wanting to go back to school at this new life stage of empty nest.

I would be interested in a reunion.

Thank you,
    Sue
    Debze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Hi Girls,

I, too, went to Stratford from 1975 - 1976... what a small world! I haven't been in touch with any of my roommates, but I majored in Public Relations/Travel and went on the trip to the Bahamas... what fun!
    I am looking for any credits that can be applied from my time there, but doesn't look good... oh well... better late than never, I guess. Anyone else had any luck in that department?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

College Closed, how do I find my transcript? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello - I'm wanting to enroll in college for my BA, the college I graduated from closed in 2001. I graduated in 96, how or where can I get my transcripts from this closed school. The college I went to is in Dallas, TX, the name is Executive Secretarial School, College for Business.

Transcript from closed down school [ 6 Answers ]

I need to find my transcript from a business school that has closed down. How would I do that?

Private College Closed - Need transcript [ 1 Answers ]

I have done an exhausted search on line for any info on Knapp College of Business from Tacoma Washington and discovered that the school closed because of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I believe I graduated in either 1979 or 80 could be 1981 and need my transcript. Knapp was a private college...

Getting a transcript from a college that closed [ 1 Answers ]

I went to school at two business colleges that have since closed.  Any suggestions on what to do as reference to getting transcripts from them?  Is there a place that they go to submit transcripts before they close their doors for good?

View more questions Search