Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renee08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Curious
    Hello, my significant other and I had intercourse about 3 weeks ago. We didn't bother to use protection because he said in the beginning of our relationship that the doctor told him he was sterile, but they never actually performed a sperm count on him. Well about 2 weeks after we had intercourse my breasts were sore, I had an upset stomach, fatigue, and excess eating. I took a pregnant. Test on mother's day thinking it would be - because I haven't missed a period and it was +. I was wondering if there was any chance I could be pregnant. We have decided to wait and see if I miss a period before taking another test. Any advice would help. Thanks.
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

May 15, 2006, 08:44 AM
    HI Renee08, I think you should make a doctors appointment to see what's going on. I wish you the best : )
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 15, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Most hpt's don't give false positives just false negatives... make an appt with your dr and get some prenatal pills. Keep us posted.
    BRiGRL Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2006, 05:45 PM
    You could def be pregnant..I agree with the other two..make a dr appt and get everything checked out!!!

May 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Hey, I took 2 more pregnant. Tests and they all said + again. So my significant other said that 3 pregnant. Tests don't just give a false positive 3 times so on tomorrow I have a dr appt. to make it official by a professional. I did not expect to become pregnant but I guess you should never say never. Just wish me the best luck with my pregnancy and any advice you would like to send would be nice. I feel sort of depressed because these are not exactly my plans but I know I'll get through it. Thanks for lending me your eyes to read this and your mind to process my story. Talk to you later and I'll keep you posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Yeppers sounds pregnant to me.

May 23, 2006, 05:24 AM
    Well stick around here we have some pretty good advice and we'll I know of at least 2 of us that are preggy right now, 1 that has recently given birth and a couple more that are trying. If ever you need someone to get advice and to understand what your going through your at the right place. As for plans? Plans some of the best planning in the world has been messed up because our little bundles decided that now was the right time... lol... As most of us know from experience. Well congratulations.. and let us know how it goes.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 23, 2006, 01:38 PM
    The best little surprises and joys come 'unplanned'. Check the following sites, they will help you understand what you are going through now and will in the future. Happy parenting, and please keep us posted.
    Ask Dr. Amy - Am I Pregnant?
    Ovulation Calendar - Homepage
    LEARN: Pregnancy Stages and SIGNS
    Pregnancy Nutrition & Pregnancy Exercises at BabyFit.com This one is free to join and has it's own forum. Also covers other questions you might have, diet, exercise, etc.

Congratulations, and enjoy the sites. My daughter is going to have her baby in August, and she really enjoys login in to read on the progress and stages.

She was so excited to find out that her baby already can hear well and notices more now when it has the hiccups. Her's was a 'surprise' also as her man said he did not have any viable sperms either - but you and her proved someone wrong.

You'll do just fine, just stick with us.

May 24, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Hey,well, I went to the dr office and yes I'm pregnant. Well, my man is happy and so is mother and family, but my mother isn't because she says that this is the wrong time in my life for us to have this baby. I feel so depressed and hurt because she's hurt. I wish I could just make everything better. I really don't have anybody to talk to about this situation so thanks for reading. How ever you worship just pray for me and my family to accept this news.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Im sure your mum will change her mind when she see's her new born grand child :)

Good luck and enjoy every moment of being pregnant x
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee08
    hey,well, i went to the dr office and yes i'm preggo. well, my man is happy and so is mother and family, but my mother isn't because she says that this is the wrong time in my life for us to have this baby. i feel so depressed and hurt because she's hurt. i wish i could just make everything better. i really don't have anybody to talk to about this situation so thanks for reading. how ever you worship just pray for me and my family to accept this news.
    Please, please don't feel bad. Your mother has no right to dicatate when you should have a baby and whether now is the right time. Babies are very rarely planned; but at the end of the day the only two people that count is you and your partner.

Your family will come round eventually. Even if it means shutting her out for a bit. Wait until you get a scan picture, your mum will go all gooey eyed and I am sure will start to feel very differently!

Don't take what she says to heart and remember it is your decision not hers. She is supposed to support you, not shun you. Don't let her be selfish!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 24, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Hey renee, don't worry about your mom. Most of us mothers want what we think is best for our daughters - but overlook the fact, at first, that our daughters are entitled to make mistakes (our view of it) and make choices that we wouldn't make. Ha Ha, if we all remember way back when our moms wanted to dictate our lives, and the frustration that caused, we would not be doing it to our daughters.. But, it's nature and we are after all moms.

The amazing thing about us moms is that we can rant and rave one minute, and after reflecting on it for a while - a day or two, a year or two (depending on the circumstances) we realize that you daughters have every right to do what you want when you want to. We did our part in raising you to become responsible adults - yup - responsible adults... but we sometimes forget that fact, just as our mothers did when we were your age.

If at all possible, forget about the little temper tantrum of her's (after all she's the adult here, right?) She'll come to reason soon, especially when she realizes that she's only hurting herself by undeliberately pushing you away from her. This will make her want to see you more, and she will hope you include her in on a lot of things now. Don't go overboard, just be your usual self and let her apologize in her way.

In the meantime, if she has a PC and goes on the internet, show her some sites that involve the stages and growth of your little one. We did not have this while we were pregnant - and this just might give her insight of what she went through with you and rekindle that 'nesting feeling', encouraging her to help you.

And, there's always us here to escape to when you have rough times.

She'll realize soon enough that she's not doing you any good by creating a stress-factor.

Good luck, and happy pregnancy!

Take lots of pictures when you start showing; get familiar with the baby early - you'll both grow togeter - literally speaking.

May 24, 2006, 10:52 AM
    My mom screamed at me with my first daughter at the age of eighteen. My sister became preggy six months later and was praised... she was sixteen. Things will change once the baby gets here and so what if it isn't the right time, since when in our lifes is? We can plan all we want for our lives to go a certain way but they don't that's a fact. Everything happens for a reason, you'll just have to wait and see what the reason is for this little bundle to make it's appearance at this time. Don't let it get you down, and don't let it stress you out. Your doing something so wonderful and precious that it should be a magical time. Forget the negatives your going to hear them from people you never thought you would. Enjoy your pregnancy, you won't be this way for long. Cherish the morning sickness, it will be gone soon. Love every movement, every time you hear a heartbeating inside you that isn't yours. You've been blessed to give another person a life. Love and respect this time even if others don't. Your already a mom, and that's something to be proud of. Don't let others get you down, and if they start to try (and they will) just tell them if they don't have anything nice to say then they can keep it to themselves. Even mom's need to hear this every once in awhile... I know mine did... chin up hun... you'll survive and thrive...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 10:55 AM
    You have some FANTASTIC responses here. I am a mother of four, 19, 18, 12 & 4. Not one of them were planned, but not accidents either. The first 2 were with my first hubby and the last 2 were with my current hubby.

Your mom will come around as the others have said. It may be as your mother said that this may not be the right time for you, but when is the right time? I know some people plan on this, but not most. You do the best you can with what you have. Your mom will come around, I am sure.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
    There is something that I have been told all my life, and I hold to be true " if you want for the right time, it will never happen" there will always be something that needs to be done, and money that needs to be made, experiences that need to be had. If you wait for the precious moments in life until you think you are ready for it, chances are it won't happen. Enjoy the wonderous experience of being a mother. It truly is the most amazing feeling in the world. They will bring joy into your life that you never knew before. Soon you will not be able to imagine life without them, nor will you want to. I wish you and your man all of the happiness in the world. Congratulations. Ps. Your moms reaction probably comes mainly from shock and worry. I am sure that upon talking about it she will relax and become supportive the way a mother should be. Perhaps she just remembers how hard it was when they first started with a little one. Praying for you and your family.

Jul 10, 2006, 10:01 PM
    Hey. It has been a while since I last posted something, but I want to say that my mother did come around and I am now 12 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are so happy and ready to see what we made together. My mom decided that we were grown and married and she had to let her little girl be an adult. Thanks for all the support I'll keep you posted. Bye.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
    Its wonderful to hear an update!That is so great that your mom has come around! Now this can be the truly joyous time for you that it is! Congrats again on the bundle of joy on the way. It's always so exciting. Best wishes, and luck, and keep us posted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curious about RAM [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old computer that I am using as the children's computer, and yesterday I upgraded the RAM from 64 MB to 256 MB. That went fine, but the only thing is, in the system information, the computer has always said it had 63 MB of RAM, even though the old simm says 64 MB. And now it says 255 MB,...

Curious [ 12 Answers ]

I was just wondering, but my friend told me that a period doesn't last very long when you are using tampons and it lasts longer when you are using pads.. is this true?

Just curious... [ 1 Answers ]

Aloha! I'm new to this site and posted a reply earlier... But I guess it will be easier to post here... My name is Jeannie BD: 11/4/74, my husband Jeff BD: 11/5/75, and my daughter Noel BD: 2/3/99. I am just curious about what is generally ahead for us in the next year. I read Tarot and am...

View more questions Search