Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
    American Insurance Group
    Can AIG's problems be traced back to former NY AG and Governor Elliot Spizer's witch hunt against former CEO Maurice 'Hank' Greenberg ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 04:23 PM

Certainly. Where have you been?
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:35 PM

Actually, on second thought, all this recent stuff by Hanky Panky Paulsen and Hanky Panky Greenberg can be traced right back to Bill Clinton starting the housing act in 1994 saying that everyone should own a home. Nice idea, but not everyone can keep paying the mortgage when they got the place for zero money down and no income verification necessary. This is the greatest scam of the century going on now. Or should I say the Greatest Bank Robbery in the history of man.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 01:30 AM

Paulson is a longtime friend of Chuck Schumer ;another winner from a long list of corrupt NY politicians .He appointed a major Democrat fundraiser ;Eric Mindich ;into the powerful position of head of the Asset Managers' Committee of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets.Mindich is a top-level Democratic fundraiser. He was in Kerry's inner circle for the 2004 presidential campaign and backs Obama for 2008.
    Why he is in the Bush Adm. Is beyond me.

You are correct about the Democrat connections to the financial collapse .
    This video is a great summary presentation that says a lot.
    YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

But I just wonder if Spitzer's hunt and ouster of Greenberg was warranted .I spoke to a prosecutor from the case and he said that if anything Greenberg took the fall for his sons actions. But with Greenberg at the helm ,perhaps AIG could've weathered the storm.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 07:02 PM

I thought Greenberg did a lot of fraudulent accounting on the AIG books and that was the cause of his stepping out of AIG.

I don't know, I wasn't there so I can't be 100% correct on this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

American Family Insurance Job [ 17 Answers ]

Is American Family Insurance one of those jobs with a desk fee? Or that you have to obtain $1,500 in licenses and have 7 interviews before you actually start working or is this a legitimate job?

North Carolina prepaid group insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Does North Carolina have prepaid group insurance?

View more questions Search