Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handynot Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Portable Generator to House Connection
    Hello,
    Could I get a explanation on the below statement I read on another post.

"When using the generator powering the house, the neutral to ground bond in the generator should be removed. When independently operating the generator, it should be present.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Handynot, your best chance to get and explanation is if you post this in the Answer this Question blank box right below where you read this in the first place. The person who wrote it will see it and likely respond. Do you rewcall was it Stanforty or Washington or TKrussell?

Sep 17, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Sorry... My Bad! I'll do as suggested. Thank You
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Just realized that I am trying to answer your other question about the arc fault. These guys will be able to help you better.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Look at this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ight=generator

There is a link in one of my posts that explains things much better.
    If it's still unclear holler.

Sep 18, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Thank you... I think with more coffee I'll get it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable generator suggestions [ 3 Answers ]

Im looking to buy a portable generator for occasional use, such as some power to a house during a blackout. I am not looking to power the whole house, Im looking to just keep a refrigerator running, maybe a light or 2, maybe interchanging a small appliance I Do not want to overpay for a...

Portable generator doesn't generate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small gas portable generator that sat idle in the barn for several years. I have cleaned out the carberator and the engine runs fine. The problem is it is only producing 5 volts of electricity. What may be the problem?

Portable generator [ 2 Answers ]

QUOTE=tkrussell]The 100 volts is a bit low. Electrical device operate on +/- 10% , so the lowest volts supplied should be no lower than 108 volts. Incandescent lamps and electric heat will work fine on 100 volts. But any motors may overheat using 100 volts. Volts is usually changed on the...

Portable generator [ 2 Answers ]

The question I have is that my generator is only putting out about 100v. I would like to know if this will cause damage to anything that is running off the generator. Correct me if I am wrong but don't most appliances run between 110 and 120. I was told that the output of the generator could vary...

Portable Generator [ 6 Answers ]

I am interested in purchasing a 5000 to 6200 watt portable generator to use during power outages. What are the safety concerns such as rain, snow, how far from any structues must it be used, and can it be placed on a deck? Also would like to here any recommendations as to what model and...

View more questions Search