Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekawo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2006, 05:27 AM
    Monitor maitenance
    I need monitor repair manual of any type. When I opened it I could not identify the horizontal, vertical sections, the flyback circuit and other parts.
    So is there any one who can send me or attach a pdf file orany good link which clearly help to disassmbe and assemble my monitor.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 15, 2006, 05:40 AM
    I know you probably already know this but... unless you are a professional in electronics, monitors should not be opened and tampered with as they hold a large electrical charge and are usually not worth the trouble to repair.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with your previous answer; please do NOT dissemble your monitor!
    You could possibly be killed! It's similar to a TV set; being electricity stored in certain components.
    You can buy a "normal" monitor for little money now, and an LCD monitor is not as expensive as they once were.
    PLEASE take your monitor to a local computer sales/repair store, and ask them about it, if you want someone to try repairing it; instead of buying another one.

"Lethal voltages exist in a monitor long after it has been turned off and disconnected from the electricity supply. Do not touch anything inside the case unless you know exactly what you are doing."
    The above quote from Free Computer Guides
    bekawo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2006, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I know you probably already know this but ... unless you are a professional in electronics, monitors should not be opened and tampered with as they hold a large electrical charge and are usually not worth the trouble to repair.
    Thank you
    fredg & NeedKarma
    For your comments, but I repair TVs and I want know the difference b\n monitor and TV in detail. In PC maintenance there are several manuals having good description to every component of the PC indicated by arrow. So if any one who can provide me good manual welcome.

Thank you
    bekawo
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 16, 2006, 11:16 PM
    Monitors are not part of the typical maintenance on a PC... keeping its glass free of smears with a monitor cleaner and a possible air blasting every so often is the most maintenance I would recommend... fixing a monitor to me is a waste of time and $$ especially when a new monitor comes with warranty and are relatively inexpensive 19 in crt less than $130 refurbished about $110.. not worth my $20 saving for 90 warranty compared to a 1 or 2 year warranty

But here you are

Computer equipment : Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Monitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it my moniter or my video card that not working when I play a game called medevil total war. I get the main screen and the trailer but when I play the game the maps show up white and my men show up as orange and in blocks Can anyone answer my question please.

LCD monitor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a canon digital camera (EOS 10D) and start playing with it to familiarize with the functions. I noticed that it looks like I can't use the LCD monitor to take pictures but only to review previously taken pictures. Is that right? I just wondering why because most of the digital cameras...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I need a service manual or schematic for a CTX color monitor Model VL500. FCC ID DBL1569S. By CTX International, Inc. Help please! Roy Randall Randall Electronics

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search