Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spauldog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2004, 05:20 PM
    About background checks
    I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 28, 2004, 07:59 AM
    Re: about background checks
    A good website that should answer many of your questions can be found at:

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs16-bck.htm

Good luck!
    ngustav74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2005, 05:23 PM
    When conducting an employment verificaton, a representative of a background check firm will ask your previous employer for your date of hire and date of separation.

You may want to contact your previous employer's Human Resources departments to verify your employment dates and update your resume if there is any difference.
    dachsonish Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2005, 12:15 AM
    Back ground checks
    Yes, my sister worked for a background check company, AccurateSource and she says in addition to the criminal records and credit history and such.. she calls the previous employers and chit chats with them...

Hope this helps!

Kayo!
    mrbuilder11377 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 08:35 PM

Here locally in nc you can go to the county court house and for 20 as long as you have the name birth date and social they will do a check for mm and felonies
    rainonme4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 03:53 PM
    I was just hired and they did a background check and I got a disorderly conduct on my record that happen 4 years ago what can happen?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online background checks, but which service? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to be able to do some background checks for criminal history, outstanding warrants and even information that may be false. Since some services offer permanent memberships for $35 with money back grantee 90 days. but I also need to do checks on EU citizens and this is harder. My...

Insurance checks [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to report insurance checks I received following a job accident? If yes, How ? I haven't received any form except the W2 for the income prior to the accident. Thank you.

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search