Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 01:53 AM
    Waterproof mascara
    Hi,
    Im now L'oreal water proof mascara, and I'm finding it very good as I have very short eye lashes.
    Is water proof bad for your eye lashes?
    As when I try to remove it which is hard as its water proof I see that a few of my eye lashes fall off. And I don't need less eyelashes!
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 08:09 AM
    No one knows??
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 17, 2006, 12:23 AM
    Waterproof mascara is not bad for the eyes, however, they are the hardest to remove. Try using eye make-up remover or cleanser to remove your waterproof mascara. Never wipe your lashes too hard and pull at them because it can cause your lashes to fall off. You must try to be gentle when you remove your mascara.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 01:57 AM
    Ok thanks prettynpetite1, so water proof mascara is only hard to remove but doesn't necesarilly mean your eye lashes fall off for using it?
    -

May 18, 2006, 12:00 AM
    Waterproof mascara shouldn't be used everyday. Since it's hard to remove, some women will pull and wipe around their eyes, which causes the eyelashes to fall out. I recommend that you use it occasionally. Try using an oil-based remover, it will gently dissolve the mascara.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2006, 12:07 AM
    I usually use it once a week only, on the weekends.
    And to clean my face I use simple cleansing lotion and then I apply simple moisturiser.
    I do not pull and rub hard on my eye lashes so usually when I use it over the weekend the next day it still looks like I have mascara on for a few days after, is that bad?
    -

May 18, 2006, 12:39 AM
    It's normal. Some women will have mascara residue on their lashes the next day. The only thing that will effectively remove the mascara is water and pressure, and an oil based cleanser.
    Linda1056 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2006, 12:02 PM
    I use waterproof mascara every day without any problems. At night, about one hour before bed, I put a little baby oil on a cotton ball and put it on my eye and hold it there for about 15-20 seconds without rubbing. It starts to dissolve and then I dab away the oil with a kleenex. After a little bit, I wash with soap and water, but again I don't rub. It seems to work pretty well. The next day, if I have a little bit of raccoon eye, I know I didn't leave the oil on long enough. But this comes off with a little craem over the eyes and wiping gently away. Hope this helps.
    victrola Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 07:31 AM
    I am allergic to petroleum products. Does it matter what kind of oil you use?
    Linda1056 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2006, 04:12 PM
    I've only used baby oil, but if you have a problem with petroleum, you might want to check out babysweetcheeks.com. They have a baby oil that is petroleum free. The con: It's 12 bucks for 8 oz. You might want to do a search on Google for other petroleum-free oil products and see what else you can find. Good luck.
    -

May 30, 2006, 10:44 PM
    It's best to use a cleanser that will remove waterproof mascara. You can also use a little bit of baby shampoo applied to a cotton ball or your finger tips should remove it also. Another way to remove waterproof mascara is extra- virgin olive oil. All you need to do is apply a few a tissue or a cotton ball and massage the eyelashes in a gentle motion until all traces of the mascara are gone. Then use a mild soap or cleanser and water to clean up further mascara residue.
    purpledaises Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Waterproof mascara doesn't let your eyelashes breath and it makes your eyelashes fall out more. So its bad to use it daily but its fine if you use it for special occasion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waterproof light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I built "wet bathroom" that has tile floor/walls/ceiling. This room can be used as a spare shower. I need to find a waterproof or enclosed light fixture for over the sink. I have not been able to find one that will work yet. Any ideas? Thanks, Brian123:)

View more questions Search