Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eschuen Posts: 62, Reputation: 6

Sep 16, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Bad luck with mums
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the mums I plant every year. They are suppose to rgow the next season and be even bushier than the year before. Mine however die. Everyone has told me I cut them to short in the fall, cut them to early, don't cover them... I'm confused
    Rerepete Posts: 17, Reputation: -1

Sep 16, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Where are you located?

Where did you plant them? We planted some next to our walkway, and because we used urea as ice melter for the sidewalk, the overdose of nitrogen fertilizer, killed them.
    tessa64 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 12:21 PM

I planted our mums on fall last year 2006 and did not cut them at all. Maybe that helps on growing them wild and bushy and has a lot of flowers grown this year. You might want to try not to cut it if you do cut them at the end of gall season when the first day of snow starts. I hope this helps.

Nov 2, 2008, 12:23 PM

I planted 6 bushnells of mums on fall last year 2006 and did not cut them at all. Maybe that helps on growing them wild and bushy and has a lot of flowers grown this year. You might want to try not to cut it, if you do cut them at the end of this fall season when the first day of snow began. I hope this helps.

Nov 2, 2008, 12:24 PM

I planted 6 bushnells of mums on fall last year 2006 and did not cut them at all. Maybe that helps on growing them wild and bushy and has a lot of flowers grown this year. You might want to try not to cut it, if you do cut them at the end of this fall season when the first day of snow began. I hope this helps.
    susananne Posts: 94, Reputation: 6

Nov 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Try planting them using pure nitrogen in the soil base... be careful to water it until all crystals are dissolved.. your soil may be depleted. I always cut mine back right after they are finished blooming.. about 2 inches from the soil. Make sure they don't dry out over the summer... good luck
    rose1111 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 10:28 PM

They need sun and not too much cold . Look for your microclimate with well drained soil and yes you do cut them back in the fall when you can see new growth around the base. That way they won't be ugly and leggy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mums pregnancey [ 4 Answers ]

My mum is 6 and a half months pregnant and she's getting a sharp pain on her let hand side just under your lungs or somewhere around there! What do you think it is because she is in a lot of pain and I just want to help her?

Is my mums partner guilty? [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I'm a sister of 3 and my mum is 40 and she's bin with her partner for 7/8 years now. They have started arguing a lot latley and my mums back on the drink again. She is trying to stop but some how to me it don't feel good enough, he treats her like , and he sits in the room all day playing Xbox...

My mums forced me out and now gone on holiday where do I stand? [ 2 Answers ]

This is rather complex so I'll try my best to explain. My mum and dad got divorced a fair few years ago... yet the martial home has not been sold and up until about 6 months ago both my mum and dad were living in the same house but were living separate lives. Six months ago an argument issued...

How can I get my mums trust? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really want my mum to trust me. I've been getting into trouble at school and now am grounded. My mum doesn't like my friends because they smoke and drink and stuff but she doesn't know I do. I just want her trust so I can go out with my friends.

Just my luck [ 62 Answers ]

Hey guys So there I am, in the cinema with me new girl, holding hands, kissin all the usual stuff, movie ends and she has to go to the ladeez. So I'm standing outside with the rest of the boyfriends and pervs when I look over and see me ex coming up the stairs, I get that feeling you get but...

View more questions Search