Ask
    randy jeffries Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 01:44 PM
    3 handle shower faucet
    Where can I find a 3 handle nickel finish shower and tub replacements
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Are you asking about just replacing the handles?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 05:05 PM
    And what brand of faucet? Really have to give more info if you want help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Some companies like Moen sell an updated trim kit but not everybody does this. Randy, let us know exactly what you are asking about and one of us will know how to help you.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 07:58 PM
    3 handle faucet are slowly going out of style. Price Pfister still makes them... but are harder to get.

What do you want to replace ? All new faucet or just trim ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Milo was in error. For a selection of Three Handle Tub/Shower Valves by various manufactures click on, Three Handle Shower - More Categories - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review
    Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 17, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Not necessarily Tom am I wrong. I am just up to date. A lot has changed since you were in the field...

When you go to Home Depot these days, you will now find one, maybe two if you lucky, 3 handle faucets. That's why you have to go to NexTag - Compare Prices Before You Buy - as you suggest, meaning the whole world, to find very limited selection of 3 handle faucets. In my area, they are against the Code - unless you install pressure balancing device with access door under the valve. Reason is that most of the country now requires pressure balanced, temperature controlled valves. These are mostly manufactured as single handle units.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Perhaps in UPC land but I'm looking at hundreds of three handled tub/shower valves by all the major manufactures. But you may be correct. I attempt to stay up to date but I'm having a problem keeping up with all the things UPC outlawed. Thanks for keeping me up to date. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Leaking Mixet Shower Faucet Handle [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a leaking Mixet shower faucet. I've somewhat successfully removed the knob by breaking it off. Now I cannot remove the mixing handle/lever. The new one I purchased has a set screw. The original one does not yet it will not budge off the stem so I can get at the hex nut to...

How to install a single handle shower faucet [ 5 Answers ]

My shower has separate hot and cold water, I want to install one single handle. Do I need to do anything with the plumbing?

Shower faucet handle -has no screws? Remove? [ 2 Answers ]

My shower faucet handles are Elger shiny chrome 1 piece handles. Shaped like a fluted ball with a cylinder beneath it. They have no screws holding them on. They do have a small rectangular "cross pin" looking thing. It can't be driven out, and it may be a spring that snaps in an indentation?...

3 handle shower faucet replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a three handle shower faucet to replace my older worn out three Handle shower faucet. The new faucet came with a new brass shower three way diverter to be installed. Is there any way to use my existing three way shower diverter that is in the wall from my old faucet and adaptor...

Need to replace broken shower faucet handle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 handle shower faucet system. The hot water handle recently broke off just leaving the metal shaft with a phillips head screw at its end. If I turn this screw counterclock wise to remove it, the hot water turns on. What is my procedure to remove and replace this handle with a new one? ...

View more questions Search