Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jappykins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Workmans comp
    If I am on workmans comp. and still working but with weight restrictions am I able to get a part time job, with out messing up my claim
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jappykins
    if i am on workmans comp. and still working but with weight restrictions am i able to get a part time job, with out messing up my claim

Law varies by States - are you collecting benefits based on being totally unable to work?

Do you have an Attorney?
    jappykins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 10:17 AM
    No I don't have a lawyer and I am able to work. And if it varies by state then can you tell me if under Wisconsin law if I am able to obtain a part time job while on workmans comp for another
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jappykins
    no i dont have a lawyer and i am able to work. and if it varies by state then can you tell me if under wisconsin law if i am able to obtain a part time job while on workmans comp for another

From what I can read of the law you have to be totally disabled in order to collect WC in Wisconsin.

If you DO accept employment, you have to notify your employer and the carrier.

Maybe someone in Wisconsin will come along -
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 02:40 PM
    You said you are still working with weight restrictions. Why would you want to get a part time job? If you can still work full time with weight restrictions AND want a part time job - you're just asking to be dumped off WC in a heartbeat. Apparently your claim will be denied as you ARE WORKING and want to work more. What part of fraud don't you understand? You can't expect to keep getting WC if you are working and want to work more. Then you should not be eligible to collect dime one. Sorry. Also if you had an attorney, they would have told you no also on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workmans comp injury [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Just for general knowledge: there are 3 parties involved. The contractor/builder of the house , the trim guys (us) and the isulation installers I recently had some of my employees install a drop down stairs in a ceiling. It was correctly installed. Later that same day another...

Working while on Workmans Comp [ 6 Answers ]

Are you allowed to work for somebody else while you are on WC and not working for your current employer?

Accident , Workmans comp. [ 8 Answers ]

I was injured at work. A box truck hit me on the site. The company has claimed resposeability of the driver. It is treated as a vechicle accident. I have a LLC and no workman's comp. Should the company the driver worked for be liable ,for my workman comp ,or the company I worked for? I am self...

Workmans comp insurance! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I hurt my back at work a month ago, when I saw my primary Doctor he told me that he couldn't help me because it was job related. I am now on workmans comp, placed on light duty, and wasn't given much time off at home to heal I am currently on medications and taking physical therapy. I...

View more questions Search