Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jack999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Norton Internet Security 2005 Error
    Please can someone help me with this problem;

Whenever I try to run norton Internet Security 2005 from the program file (Navw32 I think) (I tried the shortcuts but they didn't work so I deleted them), nothing happens, so then I wait and the "Send Error Report" message comes up saying that "Norton has experienced an error and must close, we are sorry for the inconvenience." Every time this happens, Norton still detects threats and things like that, but generally I think the whole program is corrupt. I've tried to reinstall it by uninstalling it first, but even the setup program gives me the same message...

P.S. by the way I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Any help would be greatly ippreciated. Thanks.
    :) :) :) :) :)
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 17, 2008, 01:28 PM

Noticed that you are using an old version of NIS 2005, that could be one cause for the problem. Watch the ads at office supply stores for sales for Norton AntiVirus that included rebates for previous owners. By doing that, you will get it for free, or close to it, after rebates.

In the meantime, try removing the program by using Removal Tool from Symantec:

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

Now try installing again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help I can't Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad:Please help I have been trying for 2 days to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005, the Anti virus was showing as "Files corrupt" advised me to uninstall and reinstall, two days later after various attempts and reading on the Symantec website still none the wiser. Tried Add/Remove programs...

Removal of Norton Internet Security 2005 [ 4 Answers ]

I entered security and asked, How to manually remove Norton Internet Security 2005, but was not directed to any preansered source. Can you direct me?

Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005 and clean up all its registries?

Norton internet security 2005 antispyware edition [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to uninstall the above and it is now part uninstalled as something happened while uninstalling now I can not get in to uninstall again to remove the rest. HELP!

Norton Internet Security 2005 Query [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everone - I am quite new to this so please bear with me. I have been trying to install NIS 2005 on my computer for the past few days with major problems. Eventually I have got everything working except for Intrusion Detection which I cannot switch on. I get an error message and the link to...

View more questions Search