Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 19, 2008, 12:40 PM
    OK, Im going to rant a bit here. I was enthralled in the TV series Sleeper Cell, and just as you would figure, the last one they aired, I missed because I forgot to program it into my recorder. That pi§§es me off because by the time they bring the re-run, I'll be gone. Can anyone give me a short recap or tell me how it ended? Sure would be nice. I looked for it on LimeWire, but no luck or I would have illegally watched it then. Finally, though now that the writer's strike is over, I am starting to get 2007 episodes of CSI, Miami CSI, Ghost Whisperer, Medium, and Bones without putting up with re-runs. At least I can count on that.

I'm also getting used to some english language programs from England (BBC) such as Spooks, One Foot in the Grave, My Family, - the last two are funny and I wish I could record them for my daughter. She has a collection of Absolutely Fabulous, and I really enjoyed watching these two ladies doing their thing. Spooks is a spy series and really shows what some people and politicians are capable of. Even though they are just TV shows, you'd be surprised as to how close to the 'real deal' they really are.

I have asked my ex son-in-law (my landlord) to change the filter in the air-vent above my stove because it does not work - smoke all over the place when I bake or fry.. but he has not done it yet and it's been weeks. So, I'm getting mad... I think I will fry some smelly fish, open my door and let the smoke wander through the staircase so that everyone in the house can get a hint. There is no smoke-detector in here or it would go off at least a few times a day. Maybe I should get one and let that thing go off at midnight to wake everyone up. That's what I'll do, if I can find one that I don't have to screw on the ceiling, need it portable so that the noise will carry out into the hallway. Yup, that's my next project. Or I wish I could find one of those blow-horns out of a can, that will wake them up.

Done ranting now, getting ready for my weekend.. gosh, charging my camera, charging my handy, checking if I have enough in my current oxygen bottle, getting several bags ready for my laptop, all the postcards I've received already, and naturally my make-up, medication, and change of clothes. By the time I'm done doing all that, I'll be crispy. Going to shut down my internet and play a game to relax me a bit before I get to the busy stuff.

I hope all of you have a great, and peaceful weekend too.

Lots of Love,

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Hi all!

My vent today? People who have no idea how to drive. Do these people become blind, deaf and stupid when they get behind the wheel of a car?

It's a 10 minute drive from my house to the kids school, it took me 30 minutes to get home from the school, mainly because of 2 people who were afraid to turn left at an intersection until there were no cars in sight! Arrrrrrrr! Seriously, I'm suffering from road rage. They are so lucky that I don't live in California, I'd have shot someone today! ;)

Also, for some reason, the moms of the kids that were in Sydney's class last year have been snubbing me this week. Why? I don't know. So, today, when I went to pick up the kids, I asked the main culprit what the heck was going on. Her response "Well, your daughter is in the german immursion class now, why do we still have to talk to you, go make friends with the moms of the kids in Sydney's class. I asked her why she would be so mean. Her response "you obviously think you're better than us, otherwise why would you put your daughter in the German class? Why? Because I'm German dumb a$$, that's why. That's the reason that my kids go to that school, there are schools closer to our house than this one. As for thinking I'm better than them, I'm not the one that stopped talking to them, they are.

Good riddance, I have no use for people like that. :(

Time for a beer! :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Hi all!

My vent today? People who have no idea how to drive. Do these people become blind, deaf and stupid when they get behind the wheel of a car?

It's a 10 minute drive from my house to the kids school, it took me 30 minutes to get home from the school, mainly because of 2 people who were afraid to turn left at an intersection until there were no cars in sight! Arrrrrrrr! Seriously, I'm suffering from road rage. They are so lucky that I don't live in California, I'd have shot someone today! ;)

Also, for some reason, the moms of the kids that were in Sydney's class last year have been snubbing me this week. Why? I don't know. So, today, when I went to pick up the kids, I asked the main culprit what the heck was going on. Her response "Well, your daughter is in the german immursion class now, why do we still have to talk to you, go make friends with the moms of the kids in Sydney's class. I asked her why she would be so mean. Her response "you obviously think you're better than us, otherwise why would you put your daughter in the German class? Why? Because I'm German dumb a$$, that's why. That's the reason that my kids go to that school, there are schools closer to our house than this one. As for thinking I'm better than them, I'm not the one that stopped talking to them, they are.

Good riddance, I have no use for people like that. :(

Time for a beer! :)
    Well... ALL that I can say is that you probably... ARE dear.

EDIT: I thought that I had better clarify that... "you are better than them........"

Off to pick up my 2 nephews and their two girl friends at the airport (one is engaged). I hate Friday rush hour traffic in Chicago... you have to pack a lunch and a washcloth... and a potty!!
    Stringer
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
    LOL... was that a rant or a rave? LOLOLOL Stringer, your humor lately has got me rolling!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 21, 2008, 01:09 PM

Momma C, I hope your wkd was a good one! If I was there I would go and slap your ex son-in-law SILLY! I don't know what the laws are there, but here it is illegal for a landlord to rent out a place without a smoke/carbon monoxide detector. They have those new ones now that you can plug in! I would get one of those and set it off at 3am or something just to p*ss them off! Maybe play your music really loud too! Play your Metallica! LOL! That's ridiculous that you have to worry about things like that on top on everything else! Geeezzzz!

I wish I knew what TV show you were talking about. Have you tried to find it on YouTube maybe? They might at least have a clip. I wonder if my ex sis-in-law would know the show. She lives in the UK. I'll ask when I talk to her. That sucks when you watch a show all season long and then miss the finale!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2008, 12:52 PM

It's rant time! LOL!

Family members who know that it's physically impossible for you to be somewhere, or do something on their time schedule, and then lay down ultimatums and take you on a major guilt trip which has enough energy behind it to send you around the world and back!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    It's rant time!! LOL!

Family members who know that it's physically impossible for you to be somewhere, or do something on their time schedule, and then lay down ultimatums and take you on a major guilt trip which has enough energy behind it to send you around the world and back!

Or my extended family in general - for my birthday, my first time out of the house in a very long time, my cousin and his stepfather got into a ferocious argument about where my cousin is or is not going to be buried and why as well as the funeral arrangements. I might mention my cousin is in his late 30's, has no health problems and had no apparent reason for bringing this up. Meanwhile, his mother and the stepfather's wife, my aunt, and my cousin's wife and their children and my other cousins went right on eating like this was normal. My hands were shaking.

So it went like this (and this is no exaggeration) -

"Happy birth-day to you - "

"And another thing - I want bagpipers at the funeral."

"Happy birth-day to you - "

"Bagpipers? What? Are you nuts? We're German. Germans don't have bagpipers."

"Hap-py birth-day dear Jude-y"

"I don't care. It's my funeral I want bagpipers there."

"What? Are you nuts?"

Happy birthday to me.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Hi all!

How about this one, Altenweg:

I love it when you're driving down a road, no one behind you at all. There's a car on a side street (right or left- doesn't matter) and they decide to pull out in front of you causing you to slam on your brakes to avoid an accident and they turn less than a block down the road... as if they couldn't have waited until you had gone by.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2008, 01:28 PM

Oh Judy, I'm about to blow a gasket today! My family are the worst guilt trippers in the world, and the conversation you just mentioned sounds like something that happens in my family all of the time! Or at times the complete opposite! The tension is so thick, you couldn't cut it with an electric knife!. and everyone is just quietly seething!

I've been guilted all day so bad I could scream! Actually, it didn't start today, but there is an event going on today for Thanksgiving. I've gotten a dozen emails, and the phone has rang since I opened my eyes this morning! I have already turned off my phone, and am not going to answer anymore emails. BUT, I will surely pay for this!
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Oh Judy, I'm about to blow a gasket today! My family are the worst guilt trippers in the world, and the convo you just mentioned sounds like something that happens in my family all of the time! Or at times the complete opposite! The tension is so thick, you couldn't cut it with an electric knife!...and everyone is just quietly seething!

I've been guilted all day so bad I could scream!! Actually, it didn't start today, but there is an event going on today for Thanksgiving. I've gotten a dozen emails, and the phone has rang since I opened my eyes this morning! I have already turned off my phone, and am not going to answer anymore emails. BUT, I will surely pay for this!

Do you find the "fact" that I'm stalking you adding to your upset? :D You can choose your friends; family is assigned.

And driving - how about those bozos that stay at an intersection, waiting to make a left-hand turn, BEHIND the white line. I'm the one behind them, pounding on the steering wheel and screaming, "Pull into the intersection!" There's a break but they have no time to turn. And so "we" go on waiting.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2008, 01:54 PM

Yes Judy! Will you stop stalking me! I'm starting to have nightmares! LOL!
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 05:23 PM

Judy, why aren't you stalking me? Aren't I good enough? I want to be stalked too.

Starby always gets the stalkers, it's not fair. :(

;););)
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Judy, why aren't you stalking me? Aren't I good enought? I want to be stalked too.

Starby always gets the stalkers, it's not fair. :(

;););)

Oh, all right, stop whining - I'll start stalking you. Now both of you can keep glancing out your windows to see if I'm out there.

Please leave your curtains open and the inside lights on.
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 05:28 PM

LMAO, will do, but remember, I have lots of protection. Since adding the newest member to my family I now have;

4 rabbits
    3 dogs
    1 bird
    1 fish

It's the fish you have to be worried about, I dare you to stick your finger in his tank. He may just be a goldfish, but he's got spunk. :)

Darnit, have to go finish cooking. If puppy boy lets me I'll come back later. :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2008, 10:32 PM

... and here I thought I was the only stalker attracter! I guess it takes the pressure off me though. Judy, please don't mess with my vehicles or continuously call me in the middle of the night for 2 yrs. and make my dog go crazy running and growling from door to door okay! Someone already has that job! LOL!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2008, 01:50 AM

Well isn't this ironic... speaking of stalkers! Stalker boy strikes again! Why do stupid people get sick pleasure by calling over and over again in the middle of the night, only to say nothing? Well I guess it's better than the "I'm watching you" calls, but it's still a kind of an implied thing now. Two yrs of this has my last nerve frayed!! The cops do nothing, and I end up being awake the entire night! So tired of this dammit! And to think... I've only got 5 months left on a useless "no contact" order! Not even a damn restraining order, which is also just a useless piece of paper, while Nigel goes out and gets loaded and drugged out, and then decides it will be fun to call!

Well I guess since I'm wide awake, I may as well go kick some butt on here. If you see me going off on someone that is just an idiot, you'll know why right? ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Well isn't this ironic...speaking of stalkers! Stalker boy strikes again! Why do stupid people get sick pleasure by calling over and over again in the middle of the night, only to say nothing? Well I guess it's better than the "I'm watching you" calls, but it's still a kind of an implied thing now. Two yrs of this has my last nerve frayed!!! The cops do nothing, and I end up being awake the entire night! So tired of this dammit! And to think....I've only got 5 months left on a useless "no contact" order!! Not even a damn restraining order, which is also just a useless piece of paper, while Nigel goes out and gets loaded and drugged out, and then decides it will be fun to call!!

Well I guess since I'm wide awake, I may as well go kick some butt on here. If you see me goin off on someone that is just an idiot, you'll know why right? ;)
    So sorry this crap is happening again darling. Go to a hardware store and ask about 'horns in a can' or portable fog horns... Then the next time he calls, have Nicki in another room and let that thing do it's damage. The sucker will have a hard time hearing for a while. Makes me p*ssed off and wish I could be there to help. Vent it all my love.. you need to let it out.

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Now, is this a scam or for real... It just irks me to get mail like this, not knowing. I bet they want to know all kinds of information to 'confirm'.
    Last year they came from Nigeria or Uganda, not they come from China... what next? And to think, the main office is in Japan, and the payment office in China - how stupid do they think we are..! '########
    THE TOYOTA MOTORS COMPANY
    PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD
    DEPT TOYOTA AVENUE
    65 EXCHANGE ROAD,ORTIGAS BUILDING
    TOKYO, JAPAN.

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement made today, You are among the winners of the TOYOTA CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 2,500,000 email addresses of individuals and companies from all part of the world as part of our electronic business Promotions Program

As a result of your visiting various websites we are running the e-business
    Promotions for. You/Your Company email address, attached to ticket number 343-221-8756, with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky numbers 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 , Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/ 453L /GMSA and consequently you won in the Second Category of the TOYOTA FORTUNE LOTTO DRAW.

This internet Lottery Promotion was done for the Promotion of CHINA TOYOTA MOTORS.It was a ramdom promo on email addresses selected worldwide for internet users. Your email address, attached to ticket number 343-221-8756, with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky numbers 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 ,Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/ 453L /GMSA consequently you won in the Second Category of the Lotto Promo.

You have therefore been approved for the payment of the sum of US$500,000, 00 cash ,which is the winning price /amount for the Second category winners. This is from the total prize money of US$12,650,000.00 shared among the international winners in the Second category.

Please,be informed that all winners are to contact our payment centre for his/her payment.Therefore,you are to contact our agent as metioned below for your payment.

NAME: MR.PEDRO LI
    123,JIN CHAO,BUILDING,BEIJING,CHINA.
    TELEPHONE:+86-13435684603
    EMAIL: [email protected]

NOTE: ALL WINNERS ARE ADVISED TO KEEP THEIR WINNING INFORMATION STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL FOR SECURITY REASONS.BEIJING OLYMPIC 2008 LOTTO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DOUBLE CLAIMS OR LOST OF INFORMATION.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Yours faithfully,
    Miss Jane Wang
    (Secretary)
    www.Toyota.com.cn
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2008, 11:53 AM

Hi Cher, I was just going to write you an email. I don't have too much time to write much today, because I am "expecting" my brother to be here soon, and he better I tell you!

I got robbed lastnite! I know you probably don't have to ask who was behind that! I was gone to the store for less than half an hr. My door didn't latch again, because dear bro has had more important things to do... like going to the bar maybe... than to show up yet, to fix these things like he was suppose to.

I came home, and had a weird feeling. Something seemed out of place. I brushed it off for awhile, but then I started to notice things. I started to look around, and found out I had money and jewellery stolen, and that my front door was unlocked. It was all of the money I had left until payday, and the jewellery that was taken, quite incoincidentally just happened to be a chain and pendant, that I had made for "N", and took with me when I left. Then this morning, I also noticed that my pain killers were gone too! I can't get them re-filled for another 8 days.

I feel violated! At first I was scared when I finally realised someone had been in here, and then thoughts that there could still be someone here hiding! Then when I ruled that out, it dawned on me, that someone must have been watching me leave. I had taken Niki with me, because she loves her car rides! So they obvously knew that the dog was with me.

The cops didn't show up until about 3 hrs after I called, and then were just useless as usual anyway. They said they were going to investigate, but I know how that usually goes! ;) I think I'm going to lose my ever loving mind!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Oh I hate those things too Cher! I've won more lotteries, gotten more inheritances, and gotten "found" bank acct. money than could last me 2 lifetimes! I feel sorry for the people that actually fall for these things, and send their hard earned money to these scammers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The worms turn, but that [ 6 Answers ]

“As Super Tuesday looms - and the possibility that McCain could all but wrap up the nomination - the chattering conservative class is in an uproar. Talk show host Rush Limbaugh has warned that McCain as standard-bearer would destroy the Republican Party. Author and pundit Ann Coulter, in...

I'm not sure if my dog has worms. [ 9 Answers ]

My border collie won't eat any of his dog food but he'll eat our "people food". He is WAY underweight and he lost it in like less then a month. It was very sudden, and now he's basically skin and bones. Just recently his eyes have started to get blood in them. The bottom of his eyes are filled...

Web worms (bag worms) everywhere [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor's tree is full of web worms, I think they are also called bag worms. These fuzzy little worms, they're caterpillars really, drop onto my deck and are eating everything in sight. They don't make the web-like encasements, but they are killing my potted plants; mandevilla, vinca, mint,...

Dog with worms [ 2 Answers ]

Some one "dumped" a dog on me. She is 2,she is not"fixed",she has not seen a vet since she was 9 mo.nor has she had any shots since than. She is skinny so I thougt she might have worms. I got some"hartz, Rid worm liq." and gave her the recommended dose two weeks ago. Today she had live worms...

Worms [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter needs to know if worms are reptiles. I have no clue, so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. :)

View more questions Search