Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cporet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Pile of powdery white substance in garage
    Two days ago, I found what looks like powdered milk in a pile by my garage door. It is fluffy and dry and really oes look like powdered milk. I have seen carpenter ants, only one or two at a time, in the area. They are the big black variety. I can't see the hole or evidence of them coming and going. Do I have an ant problem, or is it more likely termites?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Sep 21, 2008, 10:43 PM

You might be seeing the frass of the powder post beetle. Check this link for a comprehensive description Powderpost Beetles | University of Kentucky Entomology

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

White substance on red brick, is it from siding? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me what this white stuff is that is all over the exterior brick on my house. My lower half of my house is red brick and the upper part of my house is a blue vinal siding. It looks like its running down off the siding. We have tried to clean it off with the...

Gas Pile slope [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to finish my basement and have a gas pipe running right through the center of a room. I was planning on moving it out of the way into the soffits forming a tray ceiling. Is there a requirement that the gas pipe always has to slope upwards? If so what should the slope be? Can...

Raising pile again. Flattend by furniture [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, could someone advise on how to bring pile back up on a rug. It has had a weighty table sat on it and now the table is gone the marks look unsightly. Thanks Richard.

White discoloration leaching on cinder block in garage [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: The cinder block in my garage appears to be leaching a white powder. These is no obvious sign of water. The garage is attached to my house. The house is on a slight slope so the garage is somewhat (about 2 feet) under the ground level. I suspect it's moisture problem but I'm not...

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

View more questions Search