Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1desperate1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 01:32 AM
    Dark to light dark
    I am naturally a redhead but bleached my hair over a number of years and tired of it so decided to put a permanent redish brown on which I like but seems abit harsh. I just want to lighten it a few shades but when I do test strands nothing happens. Can anyone help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 02:58 AM
    Red colours are the most quick to fade. I would wait a while before doing anything drastic.
    xxMsComptonxx Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2008, 02:19 PM

I went through the same thing you did... I used PALMOLIVE LIQUID DISH SOAP as a shampoo for about a week with GARNIER FRUCTISE EXTRA MOISTURE CONDISTIONER... I would wash my hair let the SOAP sit for FIVE MINUTES then rinse... put CONDITIONER in (alot! ) and let it sit for TEN MINUTES... I would rinse it out and then put GARNIER FRUCTISE SLEEK AND SHINE HAIR SERUM in and COMB out with a FINE TOOTH COMB so it was distributed EVENLY... DO NOT BLOW DRY... do this for a WEEK and your hair will go from BLACK to LIGHT medium BROWN... fading drastically...
    xxMsComptonxx Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Or in your case from dark back to light red brown

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

I want to go from dark brown back to dark blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dark blonde. My current hair color is dark reddish brown, and I had it dyed at a salon with semi-permanent color. Every time I've had my hair dyed, which is only about 5 times, it has brought a reddish tone out. What would be the best products for me to use at home to...

Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish...

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I...

View more questions Search