Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josh deighan Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2006, 02:27 PM
    My 2 year old stofordshire bull terrier has stopped eating.
    Hello my Staffordshire bull terrier has stopped eating anything. I have tried tempting him with his favorite treat (mature cheder cheese) but he won't touch it, he is quite large for his age (nearly fully grown) and is naturally active and playful all of the time even now when he hasn't been eating. I don't know if its just a stomach upset I have read similar symptoms from other forums but they also included watery feces and vomiting but my dog hasn't had these symptoms. He has been like this for 3 days or so now and I'm tearing my hair out. He has had part of his intestines removed when he was a puppy (4 months) luckily we new the vet who performed the surgery as he had performed surgery on our last dog, so he got specail treatment and stayed with the vet until the all clear. We have had no problems since and this was a long time ago but I thought I should add this just to be safe. Thank you for any replies and advice.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 13, 2006, 02:47 PM
    This sounds serious enough to warrant calling your vet immediately.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Hi,
    Don't EVER give a dog cheese! It stops up their intestines, and they don't digest cheese very well!
    Put him down some dry dog food, wait about 30 min, then pick it back up. Don't put it down again until late evening. If he is still not eating, then I would take him to the Vet.
    Also, does he get exercise? Like a brisk 45 min walk a day? Or, if you have a back yard, turn him out, and run with him, letting him get plenty of exercise. There is a chance he is not hungry; and exercise will whip up the appetite.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.

May 14, 2006, 07:01 AM
    OK my dog has started to nibble on his food again. I took him out for a walk and he done the toilet he seamed to have trouble passing and when he did there was evidance of worms. He has now got an apointment with the vet for Monday.

May 15, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Been to see the vet its just a sore stomach and he was given two injections and is to go back tomorrow for a check up
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 15, 2006, 02:22 PM
    That is good to know... thanks for sharing it, Josh and speedy recovering to your furry friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My pitbull stopped eating 2 DAYS AGO, WHAT DO I DO? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old female pitbull. I just noticed that yesterday morning, when I put the dog outside on her lead, that her food, from the previous day is still there. She is drinking a lot of water. She will not even eat people food! What do I do. We are taking her to the vet, but what can I...

Dog stopped eating [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old dog stopped eating about 3 days ago. When I got o feed him he still gets really excited like normal but then doesn't touch his food. I feed him dry biscuits in the morning and dog roll at night and he hasn't touched anything. Otherwise he seems normal and nothing else has changed. ...

Recently got a 4 year old pit bull [ 6 Answers ]

Three days ago I went and picked up a 4 year old pit bull and the pit bull weighs 90 pounds real health she is also fixed can't have pups my only concern is that she is not ate nothing but a hotdog so far and its been 3 days she is drinking water as she needs it the temp outside has been fairly hot...

New Pit Bull won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I just rescued a beautiful Brindle Pit Bull. He is about 2 yrs old. I brought him home last night, he didn't eat then I thought because he was new to our family. He had been mistreated. Today he fits in like he has been here for years, playing with the kids wagging his tail and having a ball....

View more questions Search