Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra B Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 07:28 PM
    How can I protect my children from spirits?
    I have a 2 year old little girl (she doesn't speak or talk yet) and a 4 month old little boy. My husband and I moved into our house over three years ago. During the first year we just had this 'feeling' that something was in our house. I really started having this feeling when I would be in the shower. It just felt like someone was in there with me. I would just get into the shower, water hasn't touched my back yet, but I felt something running down my back such as a stream of water or a light touch. I would turn around and no one was there and my back would be dry. This happens several times. Even our dog started acting strange. She will be in a dead sleep and jump up and bolt out of the room like something just pinched her, but nothing is around her. She was fine at our previous home. When we had our first child she was a great baby the first 3 months and then something changed. She was a totally different baby. For the past 2 years of her life I would joke and call her 'my little devil' because she was so difficult, moody, and seemed angry all the time. My pediatrician can attest to this. We had her screened for autism because she was so 'different.' The tests came back saying she was fine, but my husband and I knew something was wrong. Well within the last 3-4 months my daughter has been scared to go in her room. Every time we would go to put her down for her nap or bed time, she would scream and fight and you could look in her eyes and see fear. Since she doesn't talk, we didn't know what was wrong. She would scream and scream and keep us up until 3 am, by that time she couldn't fight sleep anymore. But she would be up again at 6am. She wouldn't even go into her room to play. My husband and I are not religious, but he got into a discussion with a coworker and they suggested that we put a cross in her room. My husband called and asked my thoughts about hanging a cross in her room and I said it was definitely worth a shot. So I went and a hung a cross in her room above her bed and then it felt like her room wasn't congested, it seemed clearer if that makes sense. Since then she has no problem going in her room. She jumps right into her bed for nap time and bed time. And she sleeps through the entire night.

Is my house haunted? If so, why is the spirit going after my daughter and will my son be next? How do I protect them?

I am sorry for the long post; I am just out of my realm.

Thanks!
    Sandra
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Put several crosses around your house and salt under your door mat, and at any entrance into your house. Spirits don't necessarily target the young ones. You mentioned yourself being spooked. There is no reason to assume that they are malignant spirits. Some are just seeking attention because they can't move on. The most negative attitude you can take is fear and there is no reason for that. Be positive, talk to them if you can, almost as if you had guests in your home. The spirits will then calm down and realize that you are friendly,
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Sep 23, 2008, 08:24 PM

Tickle offers great suggestions. Sometimes things are only scary because they are unfamiliar, and as people say about wild animals, "they're as afraid of you as you are of them." It may be possible to create some basic boundaries with these beings and coexist in peace. (Ever see the movie "Beetlejuice"?)

However, there does seem an aggressive element to these occurrences. Maybe that's just a misunderstanding that can be defused, but it may be harder than that. Where do you live, geographically? You may be able to find someone with shamanic training or similar in your area who can help out. If not, there are ways of doing that long-distance. You might want to see if there is a bookstore or something nearby that specializes in spiritual or "new agey" stuff. Often the ladies that run those places are fountains of wisdom and info.

Blessings to your family,

Alder
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 08:47 PM

If it is this serious why have you not moved to protect your children?

If you are christian have you had the house blessed.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Sep 27, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Oh, I went through this too. My daughter is about 21 months and she wakes up screaming sometimes. One night she said "Hi Tom". Well, I walk up to the crib and when I put both hands on it I can feel the sense that there are shadows and crib shaking's in the night. Doesn't mean that they are evil spirits or anything like that could just be visitors. I don't shun her, I encourage her to talk about it even though I don't understand a word she says... I don't want to close her third eye as we all where taught that "its just your imagination and there are no such things". So what I have done is this.
    1) Chakra chant music (clearing);
    2) Bowl of water with pure salt under the crib for three days then get rid of it by disposing in bag off property;
    3) Placing crosses, rosary's and the Virgin Mary in her room;
    4) Clearing with sage chanting that I am clearing it in the name of Jesus Christ, our savior and that only positive energies are welcome, no negative energies are allowed in this room even people;
    5) I sprayed the corners with fresh water and frankincense and said a final prayer (the Our Father, Hail Marie and Guardian Angel Prayer);
    6) Bless your house and your children baptized (I did but still have to clear on monthly basis);
    7) Always pray with your baby before bed.

I have noticed a significant change and boy does she sleep solid for the remainder of the time. I know if she starts to wake up to repeat the process.

Good luck!

Sep 27, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Let us know what happens in any event... best regards.

Sep 27, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Oh, I went through this too. My daughter is about 21 months and she wakes up screaming sometimes. One night she said "Hi Tom". Well, I walk up to the crib and when I put both hands on it I can feel the sense that there are shadows and crib shaking's in the night. Doesn't mean that they are evil spirits or anything like that could just be visitors. I don't shun her, I encourage her to talk about it even though I don't understand a word she says... I don't want to close her third eye as we all where taught that "its just your imagination and there are no such things". So what I have done is this.

1) Chakra chant music left it on for the day (clearing);
    2) Bowl of water with pure salt under the crib for three days then get rid of it by disposing in bag off property;
    3) Placing crosses, rosary's and the Virgin Mary in her room;
    4) Clearing with sage chanting that I am clearing it in the name of Jesus Christ, our savior and that only positive energies are welcome, no negative energies are allowed in this room even people;
    5) I sprayed the corners with fresh water and frankincense and said a final prayer (the Our Father, Hail Mary and Guardian Angel Prayer);
    6) Bless your house and your children baptized (I did but still have to clear on monthly basis);
    7) Always pray with your baby before bed.

I have noticed a significant change and boy does she sleep solid for the remainder of the time. I know if she starts to wake up to repeat the process.

Good luck!

Sep 27, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Stupid posts... I tried to edit it from Marie to Mary... freaken spell check :)
    PeaGirlsMama Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Sage the house and do a house blessing. Sylvia Browne's book "Prayers" contains a good blessing. I also periodically do a blessing with holy water and sprinkling salt around the perimeter. My 4 year old daughter is psychic to the point of mediumship, and spirits do get attracted to her, so I know how you feel!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Xoxaprilwine - If we're going to use the name of Jesus to fight our spiritual battles, let's at least look at what He said about fighting such battles. I simply have to ask... does God need salt to aid in His authority? These things are at odds to what God teaches us is His Holy Word and mixing the two is superstition AT BEST with spiritism not far behind.

SandraB - You guys are just hitting the peak of the iceberg with the cross in the room. It does stand for authority over evil powers (but so much more). However, it is still simply an icon and these spirits are unique personalities just as people are. Some are stronger and some are mor wicked. A cross icon cannot keep something like this at bay forever. If anything is it most likely simply making it uncomfortable. Your child needs prayer. REAL prayer, not the type you find in a New Age religion book. If you truly want protection for your children, it is going to come from the awesome hand of The Lord Jesus Christ. But you cannot get caught up in superstition and spiritism. God will not share His mercy or His glory with such things. God is so much more than a "cross" hanging in a room. I understand if you are not religious, but you are facing something spiritual and it is coming to the point where you need to face the spiritual.

It honestly breaks my heart when children are in these situations and it makes it even worse knowing 90% of the help being offered is something than can actually further harm the spiritual well being of the family.
    Wish4Majuchakra Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Common to cleanse energy you don't need jesus (can help if you belived) (I don't personaly believe in jesus but god yes I believe in fact I think god is the ultimate higher conscience created by soul as it creates souls cause god is the fusion of the purity of all souls I think this most realistic view than religious view (religion is stupid god is intelligent)) so if you see it like that you are also a PART of god so you can connect trough him and use white cleansing ligth (visualise it as burning and disspating the black skome energy in your house) and this should come out of your spirit/soul cause your are the son of god as jesus cause purity is in everbody that want it. My first encouter s with spiritual being was less enjoyable when I discovered meditation I oppenned chakra (doors) of the frequency of spiritual energy and at first weekend myself before dark spirits cause I was to the energy as they were, so I made I visit in my best friend house he say that is house was haunted was true cause thing disappear in thin air when I wached is hand I clearly see a ligther he his hand was firm holding it and after 1 second disappear I didn't was elswere by the time it disaper so one day..
    Wish4Majuchakra Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 06:49 AM
    You can put salt in all corner of your house and burn sage put an amétist in pillow have a small power of protection (make sure it deep purple) do the technique of cleansing with white ligth imagining all your house at the same time filled with pure with energy disspating any entity in your technique area, stay the technique on lol the longier possible should work, could ask help to positive dimensional entity such as angel, elemental or fairie(make wish true) but you should bound with the spirit you choose to help you chosse not a being that want to be venerate but one wanting frendship all happen in your mind but for this exercise your must do an exercise that will make you diffenrency each type of frequency. It is as you wach some colour or different matter type focus on the color Or the matter type of two different objects and swich to each other trying to sense the frequency doing this a lot help very much with energy control in fack in my way oppening chakra was a good cause now I'm able to deal" with them and make an permanent spiritual shield very dense but positive so now when am happy wood make sound of explosion in the very end of the house not the wall, but now that gone for some time iguess it worked for me
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Wish, I really wish you could right proper english, what you have written would be easier to understand for all of us. I imagine english is not you first or second language.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing spirits [ 15 Answers ]

My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there...

What spirits are [ 3 Answers ]

I believe for the most part free roaming spirits are angels either demon or the ones on Gods team what are your thoughts?

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Please Protect Your Children... It Is Not A Thingy.. [ 1 Answers ]

:( I am really new to this site but I just read something that made me nuts. A parent referred to his or her son's penis as a thingy and was quite relieved to find out that "doing wierd things" aka masturbating did not guarantee that the five year old would grow up to be a pervert. My God there is...

View more questions Search