Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinrob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Craftsman mower will not start after blades quit turning and motor was turned off.
    I have a craftsman dyt 4000 lawn mower. I was mowing and the blades quit turning. So I turned the motor off to check the belts and now it won't start, not even a click when key is turned on.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Sounds like a belt broke or a safety switch has locked out the ignition. Try to give us more to go on and check that model number, never heard of dyt 4000. Model number is usually under the flip up seat on Sears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 20HP mower won't start [ 6 Answers ]

The culprit is a 7 yr old Craftsman lawn tractor, model number 917.273060, 20 HP OHV Kohler engine. Until now, this tractor has always started easily and without any hesitation. The other day I tried starting it and all I heard was a slight cranking sound and then a steady noise, kind of a hum. I...

Craftsman Riding Mower dies when I engage blades [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a Craftsman 24HP riding mower 2 months ago. Just today when I was mowing the lawn it died in the middle of cutting. After I disengaged the cutting blades, I was able to re-start it. But every time I rotate the engagement lever the engine dies. The belt/pulleys seem to be working...

Craftsman Lawn Mower will not start [ 2 Answers ]

The lawn mower which was working fine, now will not start. The engine currently will not crank. We have replaced the battery, checked the oil and gas. Appear to be fine. We have checked the safety switch and it appears to be working. What would you recommend as the next thing to check? ...

Craftsman Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower (Briggs and stratton 650 series/6.50) just bought 3 months ago won't start. Couple weeks ago I realized I put too much oil and it was smoking all over, reduced the oil and I was able to do my work. Today I tried over and over to start it and it will only kick and stop but the machine...

View more questions Search