Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chorine Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Rubber soled jazz shoes
    I am having trouble with my jazz shoes. They have rubber soles which do not slide easily on the floor because of excessive friction. As a result I am unable to complete a pirouette, even though I do not lose balance :( . It is also difficult, almost impossible, to chasse wearing these shoes for the same reason. As I am in early stages of learning, it is affecting my growth... :(... Is it normal for rubber soled jazz shoes or do I have a defective pair? Are jazz shoes available in any other sole which slide more smoothly ? :confused:... help
    jeffreylynn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 02:16 PM

Yes, there are many jazz shoes available with different bottoms.

Go to capezio online and search the types. I prefer what are called "split Sole". They allow more flex and are so soft you barley know they are there.

The rubber soles can be a cause knee injuries from too much friction in turns.

Good luck, Jeffrey Lynn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

Jazz music and scale usage [ 2 Answers ]

How is a diminished whole-tone scale used for color in an improvisation?

Jazz motion of 2-5-1 and alternatives [ 1 Answers ]

Does one play dimnished whole-tone scales only in music with minor harmonies, or can minor scales other than dorian be played.

I need to know the name of the Jazz piece [ 1 Answers ]

This sucks because there are no words to this song I need help it's a 90's jazz piece

View more questions Search