Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightning1980x Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Processes stacks up
    Hello everyone.

Sometime ago my PC are behaving quite weird, suddenly some proccesses started to stack up, like if I have program1.exe, start it, close it.
    After I closed it, I still have program1.exe in task bar, and memory is allocated for it, but the process should be dead, if I start it again, and close, I get 2 of these and I can continue like that...

How I can resolve this so my computer actually remove the processes or is this a common problem?

Can norton360 cause this?

Also it shouldn't be a virus since I formated my PC twice now.. but didn't work either..

Thank you
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Check what programs that are running to see if anything looks, odd.

Right click on taksbar and click task manager and go to the processes tab

Look through the processes running to see if there is something that, again, looks odd or unfamiliar to you, if not sure you can always post what processes you have running

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

Also, go to start, run and type msconfig - hit enter

Go to startup tab and list what prgrams you have listed there

Sep 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Hi seahwk83, thank you very much for reply.

Those processes that can be stucked is for example, photoshop.exe, acrobat.exe and daemon tools. So "odd" programs. Only changes to my computer I can think of I did is that I bought a external HDD for photos, also I run the PC with open chassi since gfx card kind of gets overheated otherwise.

About msconfig, I have googled for all the processes there and its only normal processes, like norton, realteak audio and nvidia processes.

Ideas?

Thank you very much
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Have you restarted your computer and the same thing happens after a restart?

You mentiont that you have norton, is norton updated and have run a scan recently?

Post a hijackthis log and will see what you got going on hopefully

Trend Micro HijackThis - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Sep 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
    You think its some kind of malware?
    Even though I formated my C drive twice :S?
    Although I didn't format the rest of my drives..
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Download hijackthis and copy and paste your log here and will see what you have running
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 10:19 AM

Post is month old but malwarebytes is another program that can help out in many situations

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior Plumbing Vent Stacks [ 3 Answers ]

How far should they be above an operating door?

Task Manager Processes [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop has 61 running processes and uses 98+ percent of CPU when no applications running. My desktop has 63 running processes and uses less than 5% CPU when no applications running. Why is my laptop eating up the CPU and what can I do about it?

Processes [ 2 Answers ]

When I check the processes. I can delete some of them for the one session but they are back on again. How do I get rid of lots of these processes for good. Without costing money for programs? Thank you in advance! I do not know if it matters but I am running xp pro. Joe

Processes [ 8 Answers ]

Can anyone explain why a single processor system can only have one process in the running state at a time? I've tried to find the answer in my textbooks, but they just state the obvious and don't answer why this is so. Does it have to do with scheduling? Resources? Thanks in advance to...

View more questions Search