Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzer1000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 04:28 AM
    Unknown Programs
    I have a program on my computer called ScheduledAgent and I am not sure what it is. I have looked on the internet via Google and there is mixed results. I am slightly concerned as several results suggest it must be removed immediately. Am I right to be concerned? Also is there any other way of checking what exactly more unknown programs are on my computer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2006, 05:56 AM
    If you didn't install it, don't use and are concerned about it, remove it. Googling the file names is a good way to check other unknown programs.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 06:08 AM
    Hi,
    Scheduling Agent, or something similar, can be a part of window's programs, whereby you can schedule things like Defrag, etc.
    You can check your startup, by going to :
    Start/Run then type in MSCONFIG , then click on OK.
    Click on the StartUp tab (which shows all the programs that start running when you boot up the computer).
    Scroll down the left side, and see if there is a "schedule agent". If there is, then left click on it, to uncheck it, click on Apply, OK, and re-boot the computer.
    If you uncheck something you really need, you can always go back and put a checkmark by it.
    If this is the window's schedule agent, it will stop showing up. I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 13, 2006, 07:22 AM
    How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
    This will give you an idea what it is and how to use it if you want
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2006, 07:24 AM
    The Windows scheduling tool is listed as Task Scheduler, not Scheduled Agent.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 13, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Geeks to Go -> What is this process?

Sorry just noticed that also... ITS SPYWARE... sorry to say... use the program that found it and remove it... definetly not a good thing to have... good luck
    gre0006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 06:42 PM
    my firewall poped up saying do u want to allowed this program eoufrz.exe... i looked in google and i got zero results.. does anyone know what it is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

Hiding programs [ 8 Answers ]

How do I hide a program from the Add/Remove List in XP? Not sure which yet I want to hide, but like say MSN or IE or something similar. How would I reenable them to the list if it is even possible to remove them to start with? Thanks.

AOL 9.0 SE Removes programs [ 3 Answers ]

AOL 9.0 is removing gotomypc from machines with both installed. I can't find where in AOL to configure it to allow gotomypc. Any ideas? AOL chat is useless, and I don't want to jump through hoops calling AOL. It's easier to remove AOL and have the users check their mail through aol.com. Thanks.

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

+/- from all programs menu [ 2 Answers ]

How can I add new items to the "all programs" list in XP?:o I'd like to create a entry or two there and move some of the existing items into that folder. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for the help... and oh yeah, Merry Christmas!:D

View more questions Search