Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
    Miracle Grow?
    My flowers do not seem to be doing very well. I thought I try feeding them with Miracle Grow plant food, but they do not look any better - they look worse actually. I put less then the recommended amount in the water, but they are still turning brown and yucky looking.
    Any suggestions?
    Petunias, Geraniums, and impatiences are the flowers I have. They are also placed in the correct amount of sunlight/shade required for each.
    Thanks
    Kae
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 13, 2006, 03:22 AM
    Miracle grow is GREAT when used according to the directions.. It is possible that there may be a drainage problem or you might be watering to often.. are the heads brown and mushy?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with the previous answer. Before you pour any more water on them, put your finger on the soil, and about 1 inch below the soil. If it feels moist or damp, don't water them! Usually, this means it's too wet.
    Also, there are some stores that sell their own brand of wettable fertilizers, like Lowe's, which are much cheaper, and does the same thing as Miracle Gro.
    Magic Mart also has some. Best of luck.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the answers. They were not draining because the basket I has the pots sitting in was closed. The bottom of the roots were continuously wet. I've corrected the prob. but don't know what to do to get them healthy again. They were brown and mushy.
    Thanks.
    Kae
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 19, 2006, 03:50 PM
    I am guessing letting them dry out for a few days. That always seems to work with mine. Oh yeah, also, pinch off the dead blooms so that the "energy" can go to the new blooms. I get BIG flowers by doing that.
    leo21a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Yes made it done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dj taucher/tauber- miracle ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there , Dance music has always fascinated me.Im totally into electronic/clubmusic right from the year 1997 . Coming to the point - way back in the year 1999 I saw the video for this track called 'Miracle' on a music channel and I really liked it.It was a typical eurodance cheese flavoured...

Will I grow more? [ 3 Answers ]

I play baseball and have been for 12 years. Im 16 years old. My dad is 5'10 or 5'11 And My mom is 5'3". I am currently 5'9 and would like to know if I can grow anymore. I want to be at least 5'10" and My moms side of the family is somewhat short, but I have no clue about my Dads' because he was...

When will 30 yr old Grow UP? [ 12 Answers ]

My 30 year old daughter is emotionally a teenager. She blames me for most of her problems that she deals with. Her teen years were horrible for all of us. We as a family went to counseling to help us over come some of the problems. It helped for a while but then everything seemed to get stuck...

HoneyWell Thermostat Miracle [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a home that was built back in the 1960s. I am thinking this furnace is probably the original (LOL) My wife and I decided to re-texture and repaint the walls in our living room just two weekends ago. After painting the walls white, that gold colored thermostat stood out like a soar...

My beard doesn't grow up [ 2 Answers ]

I'm at 20 age ,and my beards doesn't grow up well on my face ,what I do?

View more questions Search