Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 3, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    Welcome, Spyderglass! As you can see, we're just in the process of getting organized, here. But we'd love to hear about your experiences, and help if you feel you need help. Can you tell us about your encounters, either on this thread or in a private message to me or April (hope you don't mind me volunteering you, April), if you prefer to not be so public?
    Nope... not at all.

Oct 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    I thought I was the only one who saw shadow people...I have only seen them outside though.
    I don't know how I would go about investigating them.
    No, a lot of people report this, but the interesting thing is how everyone's experience is so unique. Everyone who has encountered them (or can have an open mind) can offer some unusual information to contribute to the entire concept. A lot of people report them outside so what you are saying is completely valid and many people also report them flying from trees to buildings. I would like to hear about more of your stories... if you will? Since I have had nothing but potentially threatening experiences it does not mean they are demonic or anything alike... it could be a useful tool in research. I think you should journal it... more detail is recalled if you write it down and sometimes you can get a little extra help from your guides with additional pointers and ideas. When you do encounter them, observe them and watch how you feel... what is processing through your mind. I think that might be a good start.
    Mokrie Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Oct 3, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Alder, Hello. I'm new to this site. I found it while looking for people investigating shadow people. I believe I know a bit about them and have wanted very badly to do a serious investigation of them but lack funds or mobility to do so. I do notice that there are a lot of versions of shadow people that I have never heard of or encounterd such as demonic or men in top hats etc. I only am interested in the short speedy little guys. There are breed types of them and I do believe them to be other-dimensional and terrified of humans as well as blinded by light. Unlike others on this site and yourself I know nothing of shamanism or new age beliefs. I guess I'm rather down to earth but have had so many run-ins with these little fellas that it's become a bit of an obsession to learn more. I have recorded them running around on my wood floors but alas I don't believe they are capable of speech. I also don't believe they have any ulterior motives what so ever in moving into homes. They just pick a house and stay in the dark corners until seen then panic and move somewhere else. I think they are simple creatures more like playful nervous puppies then plotting and planning creatures. The larger ones (3 1/2 feet) prefer to stay as far from humans as possible and choose abandoned warehouses, prisons, hospitals or homes for the darkness. Maybe you have all moved to a new site to talk but if not I would enjoy some discussion on them.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 4, 2008, 03:35 AM

Alder, sent you a PM, you too April.
    Hey Alder could you forward that message to
    April? I told her it would be cool- It all relates
    To these shadow people.

Oct 4, 2008, 08:05 PM

Spyderglass, I think you were telling me that Alder sent me a private message. I hate to admit it but I am techno challenged and have no clue how to find it! I have clicked on everything I can think of but cannot locate any message. How about a clue for a computer dummy.
    dogstar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 11:17 PM
    My hunch is that this phenomenon is related to the fact that we are coming up on a cusp time, a time of great transformation in our world. It seems to be thinning the veil between our world and theirs. But whether they will be a help to us or a problem, I don't know. Anyone curious? There are a lot of ways to do good in the world. This method is a little unusual, I admit, but it may yet prove worthwhile.
    [/QUOTE]

I've recently started doing Vipassana Meditation, after which I usually fall into some kind of "state" and leave the medtitaion, a kind of deep place where I get information, sometimes a word is literally spray-painted before me, with a resulting connection to my life, like an answer.

This time, an unusual thing happened, during meditation. And I saw a Shadow person, all in black, a tall man, without a hat. (I also had an image of a female hand with painted black nail polish)
    The message I heard was: "We are here to help you"
    And "We are part of your destiny"

It spooked me a bit because I heard it distictly, and thought what is this?
    It's black and shadowy, so it must be negative, but my feeling was that it wasn't negative.

I searched the net and found the concept of "Shadow People" which somehow fits, but I saw and heard him in meditation, unlike all the internet info where people see them in everday "reality" of at night.

Anyone have any insight, any info I'd appreciate your views.

Thanks

Oct 4, 2008, 11:35 PM

No Mokrie, sent a message to April Wine and Alder. All of the shadow people that I have seen were tall and slender, but if they are shadows couldn't they change shape? Are they lost shadows looking for the humans they were attached to? (Humans that passed away). Could they have adapted their own awareness from being in contact with humans?

Oct 4, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Dogstar, I don't think you saw shadow people. Maybe your guides were introducing themselves?

Oct 6, 2008, 11:40 AM

I've recently started doing Vipassana Meditation, after which I usually fall into some kind of "state" and leave the medtitaion, a kind of deep place where I get information, sometimes a word is literally spray-painted before me, with a resulting connection to my life, like an answer.

This time, an unusual thing happened, during meditation. And I saw a Shadow person, all in black, a tall man, without a hat. (I also had an image of a female hand with painted black nail polish)
    The message I heard was: "We are here to help you"
    And "We are part of your destiny"

It spooked me a bit because I heard it distictly, and thought what is this?
    It's black and shadowy, so it must be negative, but my feeling was that it wasn't negative.

I searched the net and found the concept of "Shadow People" which somehow fits, but I saw and heard him in meditation, unlike all the internet info where people see them in everday "reality" of at night.

Anyone have any insight, any info I'd appreciate your views.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

This one is quite hard to assess... I have been thinking about it and I don't think they are your "personal" guides... and I don't think they are shadow people. For some reason they where trying to connect to you and they have reasons for doing so. I don't believe it is negative because you inidcated you where comfortable so, what do they want? What destiny? Or fate? You indicated that you where trying different meditation techniques and is there anything you have been contimplating about for sometime? A dilema? Or is it hard to make decisions in some area of your personal life? Are you making any spiritual quests or discoveries? If I was you I would ground the meditation and go back. Since you get answers point blank... get the answers to the questions you are seeking.

I have been to that state too... it was wonderful... until I was met something similar to what you describe... black fog and like an angry sob it encircled me in my state. As you know sometimes its hard to get back... you can't just pull out of it, it's contolled. I prayed and got out of there to open my eyes and it went around the corners of the celiing and took all my white candles. I did not feel it was good... but was it truly bad or was it just me facing my own demons. Just something for you to consider and explore because the next time I went in I was grounded... essentually that means... safe and I confronted it. It was probably one of the most scarest thing I have faced because it changed and faces came out of it... I knew that even if they where my own demons... they really scared me and I don't want that influence in my life so I commanded it. I have felt better ever since.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Oct 6, 2008, 01:16 PM

Good grief! It's wonderful to have this much interest. Let's see if I can get caught up with everyone.

Spyderglass, yes, I got your message about some of your experiences. Thanks for that. Sent a reply just now. To everyone, if you want to share something with us, it is totally up to you whether it is something you want to post here for everyone to see, or whether you want to communicate with us privately.

Mokrie, you are the only person I know besides myself who has formed the clear personal intention of setting out to learn more about shadow people specifically. Very cool. And I'm delighted that you didn't approach it from a shamanic or psychic paradigm. The only way we can get perspective and insight about something is to look at it from different angles. If you want to go on working with us, we'd be glad to have you. Send me a private message and I'll let you know my e-mail and we can work from there. We're still in the process of forming the group, figuring out what it is and what it's for as an organization. The way you send me a private message is by moving the arrow over my name with your mouse and clicking it. This opens a little window with different options, including sending a private message.

Dogstar, thanks. Hard to say whether what you saw is the same sort of creature we are trying to investigate. It's not a tradition in which I have delved deeply, but my understanding is Vipissana meditation is meditation without seed, without even a mantra or image to focus on, just inner silence and stillness. Correct? Or am I way off base? It sounds like when you come out of that, you are in a very receptive state. "To hear, one must be silent." You get that silent, you could hear all sorts of things. Receptivity is good, but you might want to check out some of my recent posts on the subject of ouija boards. There's such a thing as being too receptive. If you do it without strong enough boundaries, it's like posting your credit card number on your website. You don't know who or what could take advantage of the access you are creating. The Eastern traditions you are following have ways of dealing with that. There's some specific references in the Tao Te Ching I like that apply. Since you seem to have tapped in to a natural talent of psychic or spiritual sensitivity, you may want to work on honing that, learning to set an intention before you meditate of what specific information you intend to get when you come out. But be careful with this. To quote Ecclesiastes, "With knowledge comes sadness, and with wisdom, much vexation." Honor the gift, and seek to know only what you need to know. Specifically, if you set the intention of wanting this person who appeared to you to come back, so that you can talk with him in more detail, you will want to have some way of taking what he says with a grain of salt. Not every being who claims to want to help you is totally on the level. Most are, but they still want to help you because it suits their agendas. In shamanism we have a saying, "Everything is a dream, and all dreams are real." We also have a saying, "Who dreams this dream?" When I'm told something by someone, even an apparently wise and powerful spirit, I retain the freedom to say, "That may be your dream for me and for the world, but I don't have to make it my own." No matter who tells you your destiny, you remain free to weave that destiny how you will. If you have a guru or teacher, check in with that person about how to relate to this being that "claims" it knows your destiny.

Lostandlonely, I know the wall of white mist you speak of. When I was a child I used to dream about a house, sort of like the F.L. Wright Waterfall House. On a lower level, one wall was a wall of white mist. I always sensed that if I went through it, I'd be in someone else's dream. But I was never able to--I'd just wake up. I haven't tried to go there since growing up and learning my art as a Dreamer. I suppose I could if I tried, but that would fall under the heading of another of my favorite sayings, "Power must follow knowledge and serve need." Before I intruded on someone else's dreams, or called them into mine, I would want to be sure who it was, and I would have to have a very good reason for it. I want to talk with you more personally about the other subjects you raise. I'll write to you privately. K?

Whew! I really am enjoying the askmehelpdesk community, and particularly this smaller community of people who have joined this thread. Welcome to you all. To anyone wanting to work with us (so far, "us", the people who have definitively said they want to work together in continuing the investigation, is April and I), let us know. We are still in the discussion of what our group is, how it should be called, who all is in it, how we will communicate with each other, and exactly what we should do next. Anyone who joins now can jump into that discussion. And feel free to share your questions and experiences here even if you aren't looking to join the investigation project. All are welcome!

Oct 6, 2008, 04:18 PM

I'll do what I can to help in the investigation

Oct 6, 2008, 08:40 PM

Alder, I am very serious about study and investigation of shadow people not to be confused with shadows of dead people. I clicked on your name and all that came up was view all of your posts and it said you have no contact information. I really hope to find a way to speak with you as I don't want to give out all information publicly.

Oct 7, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by askShardotcom View Post
    My msg wasn't very clear. But I have seen and am aware of the showdow people. I have had contact with them several times...You are right about them being here for the Transformation....or shift that is happening. THey are here on assignment and won't be here long as far as I have been told so far.
    Shar
    You've spoken with them! You're the first person I've met who has actually communicated. Can you tell us the whole story? How you encountered them, when and where and how they spoke to you? Not sure how to put this--is there a trick to it? Is there some ritual you use for getting in contact with them, or a trance or shift of state of mind that you use to be on the level where you can see and interact with them?

Thanks for writing, Shar! Look forward to hearing more.
    kylezazu Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2008, 08:01 PM
    I don't care what any one says any being with the ability to freeze a person as well as time its self is evil in my book. They hold a person down with some stragne thing every fear wells up inside the person. Then they speak in strange languages not heard by many humans. They are not good as some people theorize. Think I'm crazy I really don't care. Where do you think the grim reaper legend came from. Why else do you think normal people who see them only see them around the times of deaths of friends or family.

Oct 7, 2008, 08:23 PM
    These creatures are popping up more and more in movies and peoples dreams. Movies such as "Ghosts" "THe deaths of ian stone" I've been looking into them for years and all I find is evil.

Oct 7, 2008, 09:08 PM

I've seen them many times, never in any time of death. I think they are a part of life, just as much as we are.

Oct 7, 2008, 11:08 PM

We have to remember that movies are a business and the object is to sell tickets. In reality we don't all jump cars over tractor trailers or repel down skyscrapers. Movies are entertainment and have nothing to do with reality. What sells tickets are scarey creatures or over the top action. To base opinions on movies or TV is to buy into fantasy and can drive you crazy.

Oct 8, 2008, 03:47 AM
    People don't come up with creatures like those they have to have something to base there opinions on. IM not basing these creatures off movies I'm basing them on off what I've seen

Oct 8, 2008, 11:48 AM

Thank you for your input, Kyle. I am one who often cites what I call "the modern mythopoetic cycle" (aka pop culture) in my spiritual and magickal work, sometimes to the chagrin of my fellow magicians. (I've even been accused of being flippant or not taking the work seriously because I suggested we could do something the way I read it in Harry Potter). So I do think you have a point that modern books and films often reflect the cultural dreams (if you need good authority for this proposition, try Joseph Campbell).

Also I want to assure you that I serve the Goddess, the Lady of Life, and if something is evil, I will defend the Earth against it. However, even if these creatures are associated with human death, that does not make them evil. Even in the movie "Ghost", I do not see why we should assume that the spirits that drag evil souls into hell are themselves evil. Michaelangelo painted his namesake, the Archangel Michael, doing that job in St. Peter's Basilica. Most people would not call the Archangel Michael evil (at least to his face).

Death and evil are two different things. I'll save you all my philosophical yammering on that issue. And many people, like Spyderglass, have seen these in a context having nothing to do with human death. Interestingly, though, there was a post just the other day on the "psychics" board from someone who started seeing shadow people after her father's death.

You know, folks, Kyle may have a point. These creatures do bear some resemblance to the dementors of the Rawlingverse. I sensed them at my house the other day, and I did feel a sort of paralyzing fear in my chest. That surprised me. As some of you may have guessed, I can be more than a little bit arrogant and reckless in my work, and I'm cocky enough to greet most things that go bump in the night without batting an eye. So it is a little strange these things had the ability to wig me out. It took me a couple of minutes to shake it off.

There are creatures that feed on human fear and pain. I have faced those before. Are the shadow people that sort of spirit? I'm not sure. They seem to respond to human energy on some level (as I found in my shamanic journey to track them down).

I'm really hoping askShardotcom will give us more input about them.

Oct 8, 2008, 11:51 AM

Whoa! I just noticed that the post from askShardotcom, in which she claimed the shadow people had told her that they are here on earth briefly as part of a major Transformation of our planet, has been mysteriously deleted. How very X-Files!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shadow people [ 24 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here so I'm just going to get to it. I'm 18 and in the 12th grade. I get out of school at 12:30 everyday. When I come home and watch t.v I sometimes see shadows move across the corner of my eye. When I look it's gone. No objects have been moving on there own or anything of that sought...

Shadow People [ 4 Answers ]

I've been looking into finding stuff up about shadow people and it looks familiar to a figure I saw in my kitchen when I was a kid. I can try to tell you as best as I possibly can. The first thing is that the figure in my kitchen wasn't anyone in my family but didn't look like a ghost cause it was...

Hit and Run Investigation [ 5 Answers ]

Last Sunday I left a party and decided to stop by a McDonalds to get a bite to eat. I bumped a cab as I was in the drive through. Because I had been drinking, I wasn't thinking clearly. I waited with the driver of the cab in the parking lot for the police to arrive. But after about 20 minutes,...

Paranormal investigation job [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I am from middle Tennessee in cookeville and I am wondering if there is any jobs for paranormal investigation in the area

Forensic investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few questions When might a latent fingerprint be permanent ? If iron is the catalyst for tests that detect presence of blood, what compounds might give a false positive test? Will the test for blood work only for human blood or will it detect animal blood? What Characteristics...

View more questions Search