Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kennethm706 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
    No power
    Why am I not getting any power from various outlets in my home?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 13, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Remove one of the non-working outlets and tell us if the wires are under the screws on the side or connected using the little holes in the back.
    thommyschnak Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Sep 13, 2008, 10:46 PM
    There are many answers to your question, but you will need to provide me with a little more information about your outlets before I can answer you.
    What type of outlets do you have? Are the two prong or 3 prong? Do your plugs fit tightly into your outlets, or are they loose?
    Where are these outlets? Are they all in the same room, or are the random places, if they are please describe where they are.
    Are all of your circuit breakers on, or do you have any blown fuses?
    Do you have any switches that may control your outlets, and if so are the switches on?
    Do you have any GFI outlets that may be tripped, or possibly stopped working?
    With these questions answered I should be able to help you with your quandary, or perhaps you might find the solution to your question by answering mine:cool:
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 05:38 AM
    I agree with the others. What you ask a question such as this, with absolutely no detail, all you will get in reply is people asking for more details.
    Understand?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Chevy Tahoe Passenger Power Windows and Both Power Seats not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. The passenger side windows stopped working and both passenger and driver power seats stopped working. All of this happened at the same time. I saw this same problem posted by another user back in January but I didn't see a clear answer. Does anybody know how to fix...

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Running power to garage and continuing the power to a cabin later. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm building a garage this year and a cabin in the following years and I need to run power to the garage before building it. The service is about 60 feet away from the main breaker location and when I build the cabin, I would like to be able to continue the power from the garage to the cabin (120...

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

Power Distribution Units & Remote Power Panel [ 1 Answers ]

What is the basic functionality of these equipment ? What is differnce between PDU & RPP.

View more questions Search