Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Sep 13, 2008, 05:20 PM
    14yr Old dating a 19yr Old
    Im turning 14 and I really have a thing for a 18yr old who just turned 19. I matured really early and definalty don't look or act my age.
    When I met him I had no idea I would even see this guy again so I lied to him and told him I was 16, a part of me told me that if I told him my actual age he would sterotype me as an immature girl.
    But I'm very scared of what my mother will say if we started dating.
    What should I do?
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Your parents aren't going to like it, they may try to stop it but they might not, but neither will he as this is risky grounds for him,

Ive seen this many times, usually the guy is just looking for one thing and is not faithful, honestly your going do do what you want though :)

No matter how mature you are you are still young, do you really want to get involved in a serious relationship?
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
    I think you should focus on school first. Also that is illegal isn't it? He can get in a lot of trouble.. even if you tell the judge you love him and stuff. He will be seen as manlipulating you. No matter how mature you think you are, he is a lot more mature. I remember when I was your age and I though I was so mature (im 19 now) and I'm wayyy more mature now.
    noobie-mom Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Don't think I'm preaching, but... oh well I am. 14, gosh 14 is a great age. Self discovery, care free... and you want to date this 19 year old. Gee it dosen't even look right as I am typing it out. I do understnd how quickly girl mature... my kids are 24, 17 and 12... been there done that. You are your first proirity.

Do you have a job?your own apartment or house? A car? A degree? What can he bring to the relationship? Does he have any of those thing? Not the material things make it better, but what if you get with this guy... you get pregnant... then what. You really thingk he's going to stick around, not to mention the fact that he is a "GROWN MAN" the law might have something to say about where he spends the next 6 months to 5 years (think about it)

Look I am sure you are smart and as cute as hell, just think past the physical attraction and look at what you two have in common. Like him, learn about him, but don't let him hit it! Honestly it would be a big , big mistake. There are sooo many guys out there your're are, that are just as mature as you are. Give them a chance. Give yourself some options.
    Trust me I dated a guy who was 20 when I was 14... my whole life changed. I would hate for you to lose out on the perks of being young. So swoon over him... and move on.
    IndustryMommy Posts: 26, Reputation: 7

Sep 13, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Your mother probably will call the police since that is illegal, lose a lot of trust in you and you will probably miss out on a ton of things due to the lack of trust. The relationship already started on the wrong foot because of a lie, just forget about it. Guys come and go, just keep him out of your pants and enjoy life while you still can. Before you have rent, gas,electric, student loans, car payments, insurance and all of that good fun stuff. This is your time to figure out who you are and start preparing for the rest of your life.
    Nara_Bean Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I believe that though physically you look mature the fact that you felt the need to lie to the boy to make him respect you and see you as more then just an little 14 year old, shows how very young you truly are.
    Because since your relationship started on a lie it would truly and also, older boys have bigger expectations of girls especially girls past 16 maybe if you had told the truth of your age he would give you time for intimacy but if he is your first serious boyfriend then I suggest you tell him the truth and see what he thinks.
    If you like him so much put more faith in the fact he won't see you as just a birth date
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2008, 07:19 PM
    A relationship built on a lie has no future. A 14 yr old and an 19 yr old are at very different stages of development. Another reason there is little if any future.

While its not illegal to date, it would be illegal for him to have sex with you.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 13, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Where are your parents?
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Sep 14, 2008, 04:29 AM
    I've met so many girls that look older and act older.. and I wish I could roll back the years or make them grow older - but you can't do either of the two.. so you let it be.
    Legal issues aside, I know it's appealing to date an older guy - but he's going to demand a lot more from a relationship than you will.. like noobie-mom stated, you'd basically be signing your teen years away..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Be a good time to talk to your mom, and tell this guy your real age. If for no other reason, to let him know he is messing with jail bait.
    lfcrule94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Just slow down for a minute. Stop worrying what others will think.. if it's right for you then your family and others will understand your reasons - even if it takes them some time.
    On the other hand, you're only 14 and you have your whole life ahead of you - personally I don't think you should focus all your attention on just the one person you should get out there and enjoy yourself first. After all, you're far more likely to have a successful long term relationship if you have had enough "play time" first.
    Hope this helps and I wish you luck in whatever path you choose.
    caryhey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Most 19 y/o guys are interested in 1 thing. You are just turning 14!! Stop thinking with your heart and realize that this relationship is based in lies and hormones. Don't let a childish crush lead to a life-altering moment of excitement... leading to potential STD's, pregnancy and regrets all the way around.
    No matter how mature you "think" you are or how nice you "think" he is. You haven't lived long enough to think logically and critically. I do commend you for asking this community though.
    Be smart and do the right thing. End it and enjoy your teen years... responsibly.
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Sep 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Thanxx for all your advice.
    Took it all into consideration. ; )
    Brownin Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Sep 14, 2008, 04:09 PM
    I think first of all your should tell him your real age because if he finds out from someone else he's not going to like it. You should find out what this guy thinks of you and what he expects because he's older he might have expectations that you are not ready for e.g sex, I don't think you should rush into things because even though you think your mature you are still young and you might be a bit nieve.
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 14, 2008, 04:17 PM
    IF you really want to be with him, you should #1 tell your parents and see if they approve. #2 tell him your real age. And have them both meet. If you don't want that to happen or it doesn't work in your favor then I don't believe it is a good idea for you guys to be together.
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Sep 14, 2008, 06:56 PM
    If you date this boy with him knowing your real age and things go too far and word gets out somehow that you slept with him, he can get in very very serious trouble that will severely wreck his future. Do you really want to risk doing this to someone you care about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

19yr old dating 16yr old [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who has just turned 19. He has been talking to a girl who has just turned 16 as well. If they were to date and begin a sexual relationship of any kind, would he be facing any legal issues? He and I have been trying to resolve this, we found on one site that as long as there over 14...

Baltimore Cop vs. 14yr old [ 11 Answers ]

Is this cop wrong? YouTube - Baltimore Cop vs Skater

19yr going on 20 in September is confused? [ 1 Answers ]

1. Last normal period on July 7 07. Last time had sex July 16 07. 2. Period was supposed to start on August 7. I have a relatively normal period... NEVER have been late. I started to “bleed” late afternoon August 9. It has not been normal. I usually bleed heavily the first two days and decrease...

I have a 19yr [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 19yr old girl, she still lives with me. Sometimes we fight for the fact that I tell her she's not going out Saturday night?. What should I do?. should she leave either way?

14yr Old Charge Off [ 6 Answers ]

When I was in college I was pretty stupid with $, I loaned a CC out to a boyfriend who charged it to its limit ($800), and it was never paid. That was in 1992. After getting most of my debts paid off, this one dropped off collections... was still on my credit. I lived in a cash only world,...

View more questions Search