Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ismart Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Antivirus In Zip Format
    Please tell me about download site having all good antivirus in zip format for download.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

May 13, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Howdy:

Why in zip format?

Murray

May 18, 2006, 11:38 PM
    To download faster.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
    The install programs tend to be very small anyway.
    For example, one of the better free ones is Avast and the installer is 10 Meg in size, so unless you are on a super slow dial up connection this shouldn't provide any problems.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2006, 01:03 AM
    You won't find a popular virus scanner that is zipped up. If you want a quick way to scan your PC for viruses (although you still need to get a virus scanner), try the Trend Micro Housecall online scanner.

Another solution if you want a virus scanner quickly - try going down to your local newsagents and look at the PC mags there. One of them is bound to have a virus scanner on the cover disk.

The free virus scanners are only around 10-15MB in size. On today's broadband connections it won't take more than a few minutes. Worth the wait for the protection you will get.

EDIT: Doh! Ben beat me to it :)

May 21, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Thanks for info.
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

May 23, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Try xoftspy, I think the older version is now free... believe me its good it never failed me once. You just have to use it daily and keep this in mind you can't remove spyware in just one blow of antispy... used it regularly...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Firewall and AntiVirus Apps [ 20 Answers ]

I've used Norton Internet Security for many years. No virus, worm, trojan, etc. has ever made it to my PC. My subscription is up and I want to look at other options. Of course the priority is reliability, but nearly equally important is that it must not be resource intensive. 1. What...

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

Antivirus... [ 11 Answers ]

May I get some advise, its about what is the best antivirus that I can use that won't make my PC slow, this antivirus will be install to a none network or no internet PC so that means I need a antivir that no updating require but if there is how can I update this antivir to a no internet PC......

Antivirus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals I'm confused about selecting the antivirus for my PC ,can u tell me which is the best antivirus and also the best among the free antivirus softwares

AVG Antivirus Program [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, AVG Free Home Antivirus from Grisoft.com automatically scans incoming and also outgoing email using Outlook Express 6, POP3, SMPT email. When it scans outgoing email, it attaches it's advertising something similar to "This email is virus free by AVG". When the person receiving the email gets...

View more questions Search