Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    potski Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 01:49 PM
    How to save an image as jpeg without losing its quality
    Hello!

I need help on how to save an image (as jpg or gif) without losing its
    Quality. I am using Paint Shop Pro 7 and I tried to blend two images
    Together after applying the "feather" effect.

But once I try to save it as jpg even after applying the lowest
    Compression for best quality, it's still not that great. Is there a way
    To save it where it preserves the quality especially on the blending
    Part of the image??

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Don't save it as .jpg

... save it as .bmp

JPGs use a lossy compression format, this means that information is lost forever. So if you compress a picture to 90% and it looks bad, you can't just resave it with full quality and expect it to look good again.

GIFs are based on only 256 colorsso complicted pictures will be of low quality

If you can't use BMPs due to the large file size, see if PNGs are available... its like a GIFs, which also allows animation, but uses the 24-bit color (which is 16,777,216 colors rather than just 256).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to save JPEG into smaller size of file... [ 1 Answers ]

Im using Corel and Adobe... I want to know how to export my work into a smaller size of JPEG file... cause I enccounter this when Im to upload a photo in a site... but it asking me to upload only 110 x 110 pixels and 15k... so I edit my 2 x 2 photo (300 DPI) using photoshop I try to reduce the...

Show .jpeg files on CD on my TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a CD full of .jpeg files (photos) that I would like to display on my TV. I tried showing them on my DVD player but the files were too large and it displayed pictures painfully slow. Is there a reliable device that can use to show my photos on the TV? (they are no longer in the...

Jpeg files being received as .that [ 7 Answers ]

I have a friend who receives my jpegs as .dat, and therefore cannot open up the file. What does he need to do to open to view the files? We are both running WinXP. Thanks

Trouble with jpeg files [ 2 Answers ]

I am running a HP computer witho Windows ME. All jpeg files saved or emailed turn into (Quicktime?). Each picture has a box with the Apple Logo. Computer hangs up (blue screen) and has to be rebooted every time a picture file is attempted to be opened. This happens even if the file is saved...

Jpeg error #51 [ 6 Answers ]

My images are are fine offline but are in error when I look at the web page on line. What is Quantizitaion table ? Thanks Jim...

View more questions Search