Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elalau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Replacing condenser fan motor
    The condenser fan motor on my "york" unit locked up. I replaced the motor but the new motor stops working after about 20 minutes. The condenser continues to work but obviously overheats because the fan is not working. The only difference between the old motor and the new one is the RPM. The new one is 1075 RPM and the old was 850 RPM. Would that make it stop working?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2008, 12:40 PM
    When replacing a motor,, a new capictor should be bought and used that matches the new motor,, the capictor needed is written on side of the motor,, this would be a seporate capictor just for the fan motot only
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2008, 12:42 PM
    As for the speed/rpm`s they should match,but faster rpm`s is better than to slow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a/c new condenser motor [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace the condenser motor on my Central A/C. I just bought a new motor but it has 4 wires (black/white/brown/brown with white stripe) instead of the 3 (black/red/brown) wires on the old condenser motor. Also, I must use a new capacitor on my new condenser motor. I have two...

Condenser Fan Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I meant to say where on the contactor does the black and white wires go I already put the browns on the capacitor thanks for all your support

Condenser Fan Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have searched th web for a cross-match for a condenser fan motor for a RHEEM model RAKA-036JAS 3.0 Ton A/c Unit To no avail. R.S. R.Ph.

Condenser motor [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed my condenser motor does not come on when I turn on my air conditioner. Is this something I can fix.

Replacing A/C - condenser or heat pump/condenser [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old and will not survive a scheduled reroofing of the building. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new condenser unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed....

View more questions Search