Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Rock Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Mosquito Magnet
    Hi!
    Does anyone own a Mosquito Magnet and is it worth it?
    I have a 5 acres lot and my backyard is a plantation of pine trees.
    So yes there is a lot of mosquitos my family loves the outdoor but we are invaded by mosquitos so we keep ourselves indoors.
    Any suggestions
    Thanks in advance.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Hi,
    No, never heard of the Mosquito Magnet.
    Best thing to keep them off is a product called OFF, or something similar. It's a spray, that you spray lightly over yourself.
    Mosquitos live near water, so you must have some pools of water, or standing water nearby.
    You can also rent a commercial sprayer, one that pulls behind a tractor, etc, buy some commercial type mosquito spray, and spray all around.
    Best wishes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 12, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Not sure about Mosquito Magnet but bugzappers DO work. The skeeters are attracted to bluish light and then zapped by a low voltage electrical current.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Are those the appliances run on propane? Here in Atlantic Canada people have to chain them down as they tend to "disappear", so I guess they work!

Or you can just put me in your backyard and the mosquitos will leave YOU alone. :D Must be my sweet blood.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 12, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Yes, the Mosquito Magnet is the propane run one. Very expensive but effective. I only knew one person who had one; he said it worked great.

... on the other hand, the good old light with zapper works just fine for my back deck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Three metals attracted to magnet [ 9 Answers ]

What are the three metals that are attracted to a magnet?? Please help!? ;D I know iron and nikle but what's the other one??

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

View more questions Search