Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Age difference
    I got asked out by a pretty hot women a couple of days ago and have a date planned for today (Saturday night) but I am unsure if I should go ahead with a date I agreed to at the spur of the moment when she hit on me she is 26 years old and I am only 18 she was really nice and I act a lot more mature than my age but is the age gap too much ?

My point is should I go on the date or not or age does not matter I just find it a bit weird as I have never dated anyone more than 2 years older than me.

Thanks for any insight into my personal dilemma/doubts
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 06:29 PM
    You think it's weird you've never dated someone more than two years older than you?

Or you think it's weird you said yes when she asked you?

Or you think it's weird you're on the internet wondering what complete strangers think about a date you haven't even gone on yet?

What exactly are you asking? Do you really even HAVE a problem? It's just a date, right?
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Just the age difference really sorry if what I wrote it like a puzzle I am just wondering if the age difference is too much thanks
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
    We are complete strangers. You're both adults. It's JUST a date, right? Is there something more you can add here to convince us this is weird?

If all you want is random personal opinions (not sure what good that'll do since YOU still have to walk your path)... I'd say no, it's not weird you said yes. I think it's weird she asked you, though. Other than that... enjoy.
    meeeee Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Sep 14, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Only you can decide if the ages difference is too big, personally I believe age is just a number, it's the person that counts. There is 6 years between my boyfriend and I and it is never an issue! Good luck with whatever you decide, let us know how it works out :) x
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 14, 2008, 11:00 AM
    JB said it right...

Its just a date.
    Everything is okay within the law (if you decide to take it that far).

If you are looking for my opinion, I know a lot of girls who only date guys older then them. I don't know many girls who date younger guys (other than 40 yr. old cougars). That seems weird to me, that a 26 yr old would ask out an 18 yr old. All that seems weird is that initial situation, but other than that, its just a date.

Go on the date, and have fun.
    Let us know how everything goes
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2008, 04:04 PM
    You should try it... have fun!
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Ideally, the man should be older because they say that men mature later compared to women.

But in my opinion, so long as you feel you're in same wave length, it should be okay. People varies.You are already in the right age to decide for yourselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Age difference [ 36 Answers ]

M 17 and a girl that I like and likes me back is 13. We have know each other a long time now and want to go out, but we don't know if it is illegal or not. Her parents are fine with us dating and are actually happy about it. We aren't going to have sex. The most we will do is kiss. Is there...

Difference between mp3 and mp4 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between mp3 and mp4 and vcd and dvd

Difference between I-140 & I-485 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wanted to ask you if some one is on i140 or i485 are they allowed to work independently, can they call themselves as permanent residents of USA. If anyone has filled any of these forms, can they work for any other company without sponsorship, or they would still need one.

View more questions Search