Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennysgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Menstrual cycle
    I am a 31 year old female and I have had my tubes tied 6 years ago. This is the first time it has happened but I am currently on my period and I am experiencing heavy blleding and huge blood clots. I have gone through 3 super tampons in just about 2 hours today which is very abnormal for me and I am having to wear a pad as well just so I don't leak through. And the pad is covered pretty thick as well. When I use the restroom even when I have a tampon in I am losing huge blood clots about the size of baseballs. What is going on, could it be anything serious?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
    See your OBgyn. If you have never had such heavy bleeding before it's good to get a check-up. This happened to my sister. When she finally saw her doctor a few months later, they found uterine fibroid tumors (these are non-cancerous.) She had a D&C and the trouble cleared up.
    msnitro2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 08:14 AM

I had this same problem . I was rushed to the er, and my obgyn gave me a depo shot to stop the bleeding. I had large cysts on my ovaries. Eventually I had to have a hystrectomy. But please do not wait for long. Get help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual cycle [ 4 Answers ]

March 9th my period started and it was normal.around the 25th-31st of march I have been spotting and feeling a little crampy,what do you think is happening,and this is the first it has ever done this.

Menstrual cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I had a caesarean section on may 9th, I saw my period on the 12 of June then again about the second week in July, I have not seen my period for August. I took pregnancy tests and all came back negative, what could be wrong

Menstrual Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I am 28 years old. I have had my period for 16 days straight and it has been light some days and heavy. Now I am on my 16th day and my body is in pain. I am not pregnant, I am 100 % sure. What can I do to make this stop, I honestly don't know what to do. Please any advice.

Menstrual cycle [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter turned 14 in feb 2007. In march 2007 she got her very first period. It was a pretty heavy one and she has not had another period since! It is now sept (6 months later!) Should I be concerned or be patient and just let nature take its course?

View more questions Search