Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Should I go to my priest for.
    Ok I'm not catholic but I have been going to a catholic church and my boyfriend broke up with me last night and I was wondering is it accpetable to talk to the priest about my pain. The priest is helping on my way to becoming a catholic.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Yes, that is what most priests are there for, if your specific priest does not do counseling, he will refer you to someone that is,
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 13, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Heb 2:17-18
    17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
    (KJV)

Above all, you should take your questions to your High Priest, as revealed in the above scripture.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Sep 15, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by h0llister
    Ok im not catholic but i have been going to a catholic church and my boyfriend broke up with me last night and i was wondering is it accpetable to talk to the priest about my pain. The priest is helping on my way to becoming a catholic.
    That is what priests are supposed to be for... They should give you sound like advice irrespective of whether you are a Catholic or not. Remember, however, that part of a Pastor or of a Priest's job is to try to convert people to their own confession. Therefore, if you are not really interested, for the time being, to become a member of the Catholic Church, just tell him you need time to think it over, and that you will eventually revert on the subject.
    That should do the trick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Priest says prayers for exorcism through God... then [ 6 Answers ]

They say that an exorcism is performed by a priest and uses prayers from the bible to exorcise the one possessed. A priest is called, comes in and does a ceremony to get this accomplished. My question: If exorcism is performed by a priest and it is to be able to be “fixed by God,” through...

Old scary movie about a possessed priest [ 3 Answers ]

I watched this movie a few years ago but its an older movie, seems like it was made in the 80s, possibly early 90's. Its about a priest who becomes possessed and kills people. Every time he does it his eyes turn green. It starts with an R I think and its not a long title. That's all I remember...

Golfer and the priest [ 1 Answers ]

A fellow was getting ready to tee off on the first hole when a Second golfer approached and asked if he could join him. The first said that He usually played alone, but agreed to the twosome. They were even after the first few holes. The second guy said, "We're about evenly matched, how...

Movie title about a priest [ 1 Answers ]

Made in the 50's ? Or 60's ? About a priest who helps the night people of New York City. In the film the priest tells someone "The only person we know for sure that has gone to heaven was the thief on the cross next to Jesus. He told him ' This day you will be in heaven' " I've never forgotten...

View more questions Search