Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoisMae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Lightening color from perm dye on thin fine hair
    I have very fine, thinning hair. It was dry from a perm in July and yesterday my hairdresser dyed it. I asked for a honey blonde (my hair is grey) and she dyed it a medium brown. I'm 71 years old and the color is MUCH too dark for me. How can I lighten this without doing more damage to my already sensitive scalp and hair?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 13, 2008, 07:18 AM
    There are artificial colour removers out there, but you may need to use it several times.
    A less damaging way to help fade colour is by shampooing it with a detox/clarifying shampoo. The more you use it, the more the colour will fade. It is quite drying but then you can use a conditioner after you've shampoo'd. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair disaster/perm [ 2 Answers ]

K so I have really long hair and I hate doing it in the mornings it takes me about an hour to straighten, and on top of that my starightener freaked out on me and is no longer working so I have to curl my hair like every day in order for it too look okay and I'm sick of it, I'm thinking about a...

Looking for right shade of light brown perm hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair dark natural/neutral blonde for a year and a half now, and I have been basically pleased with the results. The problem is that the color fades to a slight brassy/orangy tone after a while, and it is overall a little bit redder in tone than my eyebrows, which just doesn't...

When to recolor after a semi-perm color [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I've had my hair professionally colored for years wt my cousin. When I moved states away she taught me how to color my hair and I use the same products she used. I decided to try a darker color, going from an dark blonde color to a light colored brown. What I bought was a semi permanent...

Lightening hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I am a blonde and just had my hair colored professionally to add depth. I have more dark (dark blonde) that to me looks more mousey brown than I would like. I was told I could use "laundry" detergent and apply for 3 minutes to lighten the hue. Is this OK and how long should I leave it on? ...

Lightening hair color [ 2 Answers ]

How do you lighten hair color after alreeady applying it?

View more questions Search