Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buffalorose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Prop 13 tax benefits
    My fiancé is hesitant to add my name to his house title because he thinks it will cause him to lose the benefits of prop 13 (we are in California). He currently pays very low taxes and wants to keep it this way. Is this true and if so, is there any way around this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2008, 10:23 AM
    I'm not sure if it will, but its likely it might since a change in ownership could restart the benefits.

I think, once you are married, it will be safe.

Why do you want to get around it? Are you concerned about something happening to him, divorce or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California Prop 94 to 97 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I have been researching California Prop 94 to 97 for hours over the last few weeks, and have yet to come to a solid conclusion. If you're knowledgeable about this propositions, please do share the facts and your opinions. ...

Foreclosure- does who pays off own any part of prop? [ 4 Answers ]

(Please forgive me if this is a duplicate - the site said I hadn't asked any questions, and I was concerned that this one didn't make it somehow.) My brother is sole executor of my recently-deceased mother's trust. She left her house equally to both. I need money right now to bring my mortgage...

Splitting deduction interest & prop tax [ 3 Answers ]

My ex & I sold our home during our divorce in 2005. On my Schedule A, do I have a right to claim one half of the mortgage interest and property taxes paid during the time we owned it? What if I claim half and he claims the entire amount? We lost money on the sale. Is there a deduction for that?

View more questions Search