Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patismad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2006, 06:11 PM
    please help with my hp pavilion a200n cd-rom
    OK... im a big gamer but my mom picked out the computer for my birthday.. it runs the games I like.. rather used to
    but now my cd-rom is totally *****ed up I got new cd-roms blah blah same thing... I got a new "wire thingy" that runs from the cd rom to the motherboard.. SAME THING.. I also put in 256 rams.. and now I got 504 ram? I might not be good at math but.. 256+256 = 512 *cough*... sigh I'm really mad.. maybe I have the slot thingy in the wrong thingy.. lol I'm talking about the MA (master) SL (slave) and CS (cable select) I have 1 cd-rom in there right now and its on cs.. I tried ma... still didn't work.. and I might have this wrong but I have cable P2 into the cd-rom that runs cd-rom to power supply.. and my hardrive is set on cs too by the way.. I have also went through xp's troubleshooting process on the cd-rom.. sigh.. totally worthless.. and what makes me mad the most is.. device manager says its working properly.. MY A$$!
    patismad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee!!
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 11, 2006, 06:59 PM
    If both hard drive and cd rom are sharing the same IDE ribbon cable make the hard drive the master and the cd rom the slave... if they have their own flat ribbon cables then make each 1 of them a master... the memory not showing up may be because you are using some of it to power the onboard graphics... if you are not doing that then I'd say you got yourself a bum stick of memory... good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP Pavilion a200n Desktop - no XP cd? [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased an HP Pavilion a200n Desktop in 2003 and am wanting to format the hardrive, but I now realized that I do not have an operating system CD. The HP website suggests creating a recovery CD. However, won't that just restore the system back to the state it was in when the recovery CD...

HP Pavilion hibernate problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Don't know if it's a hardware or software problem, (I'm on XP home) but if I hibernate with mains power on and try to bring back to life on battery power, the screen stays blank (and black) regardless of what keys I hit. I have to force close it and restart. I think it's the same when I...

Using HP Pavilion application recovery cd [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Help Desk, I'm getting ready to do a reformat using the application recovery disk that came with my computer 5 years ago. I didn't get a separate windows 98 disk so I gather its on this disk from HP that came with my computer when I got it. Everything will be the way it was when it came...

View more questions Search