Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doublemint47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Mother of the Groom
    My son is getting married. Is there any advice for the mother of the groom? Advice appreciated on attire (evening attire), customs, etc. I have never met the girl nor her parents, and they all live in another state. I will not meet them until I go out for the wedding. Thanks, K.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 11, 2006, 03:41 PM
    Check out:
    The Emily Post Institute offers etiquette advice and manners advice

I believe the groom's parents host the rehearsal dinner.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

May 12, 2006, 06:04 PM
    1) Provide a guest list to the bride and groom
    2) Find out what color/length the bridesmaids are wearing, and what style/color the MOB is wearing. Try to chose a similar level of formality in dress, in a color that will harmonize with the bridal party.
    3) Smile a lot.
    4) The parents of the groom do indeed usually host the rehearsal dinner. Since you live out of state, could you make an earlier trip out to meet the family and make the rehearsal dinner arrangements?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have never met my mother [ 12 Answers ]

I have been searching for my mother since I was 21 years old. I am now almost 31 and all I have found out was her name and date she married my dad and how old she was when she married my dad. I was not adopted. My dad raised me. For some reason my dad would not tell me anything about her and now he...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

Mother of the groom [ 1 Answers ]

My son is getting married to a girl from outside of our state. Since I do not know her or her family well, I would like to give a personal gift to the bride to help start our mother-in-law relationship on a good footing also to warmly welcome her to the family. Are there any suggestions?

Will mother and son know each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old male cat. We got him from my grandfather who still has the mother and the sister. They were together until he was about 4 months old. If I brought my cat to see the mother and the sister, would he still recognize them? I would like to bring them together again but, I don't...

View more questions Search