Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Booksearcher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Looking for book/story about introvert clown, fire escape, mardi gras?
    I'm looking for the title and author of a book my parents remember reading decades ago.

Near as I can tell, this is the story of a shy, shut-in sort of guy who rents (or lives in) a room near Mardi Gras, Carnival, a New Year's Eve party, or some other huge celebratory event in the streets. He dons a clown costume and climbs out his window onto the fire escape and heads out into the streets. While on the streets, he is outgoing, happy, loved and cheered. On one occasion, he develops a "routine" based on getting a bottle stuck on his finger. The first time it happens, this is an accident, but over successive outings, it becomes a routine. These routines may take place over successive nights of Mardi Gras or perhaps over several years of whatever the event is. Eventually he does not return to his room and stays out there as his created character.

My parents think his name is Doubting Thomas or Thomas or, at least, that the story some how mirrors or explains the parable re: Doubting Thomas.

Anyone got a clue? Thanks.
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 16, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Try "Doubting Thomas" by Winston Brebner, published in 1956. I'll bet that's it. If so, please post a positive rating below. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mardi Gras 2009 [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell when Mardi Gras will be in 2009?

How to write a story book. [ 1 Answers ]

I love literature and would like to be guided on which steps to go about when writing a story book. The topic I want to write about is " A young man's love.":)

Mardi Gras [ 7 Answers ]

I saw on TV something about mardi gras and I knew instantly I wanted to be there once. I know it is celebrated in North America somewhere, but I could not find much about a more specific location. Can someone help me out with this. Oh, and can that someone also confirm the date this is celebrated....

Looking for book titel-Kids escape to island-British? [ 3 Answers ]

In this book a little girl (10-12 maybe?) is living next door to a house That has a lot of children. She is living alone with her mother (I think Her father died) and her mother gets called away. They don't know anyone In the town because they have just moved there so she has to stay at the...

Fire Drills/Escape Routs for homes with more than one floor. [ 5 Answers ]

This very important question arose today in conversation. If in the event of a house fire, how does a family safely get out of a 2 story (or more) home if the first floor is engulfed with flames? Thanks for all input. Kae

View more questions Search