Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wish thinking Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Sep 11, 2008, 06:57 PM
    How do I lose 20 pounds a month with out diet pills
    I've been dieting but I haven't lost a lot any one know how to lose weight in a safe manner?
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Sep 11, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Exercise comes to mind. Not only will you lose weight but you'll just get straight up healthier.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Eat smaller portions, do not starve yourself and when you feel like you have to have a snack eat a piece of fruit. Do some easy exercise, something like walking, Running a mile and walking a mile use the same amount of calories. Eat a healthy breakfast, do not go with out something in the morning, a good meal is a small bowl of oats, a small glass of orange juice and some fruit.
    Depending on how much you eat and how much exercise you do you may lose 6 or so pounds the first week, and not any the second week but do not be discouraged it takes time.
    streetkid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wish thinking
    i've been dieting but i haven't lost alot any one kno how to lose weight in a safe manner?
    U should always calculate the calories you eat per day try not to eat more than 1800-2000 calories a day and if you want a snack or sumtin always look at the calories if you think its 2 high or you already ate around 2000 then just have yourself an apple or carrot anything that is filling and not fatning. Trust me looking at the calories of everything that you eat is very helpful. That's how I lost 10 kilos :) which is around like 22 pounds or so.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 07:51 PM
    To be honest with you, losing 20 lbs in a month is quite unhealthy. Your goal should be more reasonable... in the 5 - 8 lbs range. It's possible to lose up to 10 lbs in a month, but this is very tough, and requires a change in diet and exercise.

Eat properly, rid of all the junk foods and unnecessary snacks, and exercise.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Before you even attempt losing this weight, do you have any health conditions? High blood pressure, diabetes, etc. How much weight are you planing on losing all together? Like the above post stated 20lbs is high amount to lose.
    Gothica1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Hi, my name is Jewell I am 15 and I weighed 200 lbs. I lost 82 lbs and I feel better than ever and I did it by eating healthier, exercising instead of watching TV. Now I can go out feeling confident in myself and not all closed up inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lose 20-30 pounds. Best Diet for me! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 5 4" and I weigh 150lbs. I feel fat because I used to weigh 115-120lb when I got married. In two years I gained 30lbs. I know it's impossible for my body to be like it was before. But I don't have kids! I try to diet but it's so hard. I am hispanic and our foods can be very fat. I cook every...

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

Lose 30 pounds fast but healthy and no pills! [ 1 Answers ]

Im young I am 170 lbs and at the end of the month I'm going to Hawaii and I want to have a great bikini body. Als I want to look good next year at school. I want to lose 30 lbs of fat in 30 days, but not entirely sure if I can! I don't by the food in the house so I can't really choose the best...

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

View more questions Search