Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmmbopdoodle Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 05:12 PM
    18 & pregnant
    I went to the doctor yesterday morning to get a pap smear and birth control. They gave me a pregnancy test and it turned up positive. So I had to go to DHS and other places and do all this paperwork. Last night, I bought a home pregnancy test and the line was very light like barely there. My insurance told me to go to the women's clinic here in town so I went this afternoon and she said it was a slight line so she had to say inconclusive. My last period was August 10-14. I have to go back next week cause she said the hormone will be stronger. Could it have been a false positive? What causes a false positive? I have no symptoms other than my period should be here by now and I sleep a lot. I need some answers and opinions from mothers please. I'm also very scared. I just started college. I am on my own. Have my own place and everything. But I'm worried about all this financially. The father of my baby is my fiancé and he is still in high school. I know its going to be hard but I do not want to quit college. I'm worried.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Two tests that came back positive equals positive, no matter how faint the line. It could be that the tests were wrong, but I doubt it.

You do have options, and I'd start checking in to them. Adoption is an option, so is abortion, or keeping the child. If you have a planned parenthood nearby go there. They'll do another pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy and then they'll help you decide what to do.

Ultimately it's your decision, and of course the father's. Being a mom at 18 will be hard, but not impossible.

You have some time before a definite decission has to be made, but if you choose abortion, the sooner the better.

Good luck.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 11, 2008, 05:45 PM
    False positives can show right after having a baby OR if the stick is left for too long...

In my experience all of my faint lines were positive pregnancies as early as 4-1/2-5 weeks along...

Sep 11, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Stick wasn;t left too long and they estimated iwas about 4 1/2 weeks
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 11, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Then dear... you are pregnant ;)

Sep 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
    thanks =]
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
    IF you decide that keeping the baby is the right decision for you, look into financial aid. Your school may have programs for parent students to help you and if not there's probably a government aid program. I don't know what state you live in or how it varies from state to state but I know between my own school and state there's numerous aid programs for parent students. Good luck with things, I hope everything works out for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Why can't I get pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been Trying to conceive for almost two years now and we still have not been able too... We have thought we were a couple of times but never was just a few day ago I was 15 days late and then all of a suddon I startes the DOT out of no where... I need someone's help please can...

Is it possible to get pregnant from pre-? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and I'm in need of some help... On June 10th my boyfriend and myself had sex without protection and we just decided that when he felt he was about to get off he'd pull out... Sooo we did it about 4 times that way and he didn't use the bathroom after any of those times. IM...

View more questions Search