Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 04:38 PM
    John McCain's ads are LIES. Here's the video proof.

From comments here: Digg - John McCain's ads are LIES. Here's the video proof.

"Even when the McCain campaign is called on these sleazy ads, they continue to lie. A McCain rep last night on the PBS Newshour continued to claim it was accurate and encouraged viewers to go online and find out about it. Well, a NY Times article today examined it carefully and concluded it "seriously distorts the record." The ad talks about Education Week's impressions of Obama without mentioning that they thought McCain was worse. As the article says, 'Early this year, in an article titled “John McCain Where Art Thou?” it complained that he offered “a laundry list of fairly vague answers” on how to improve schools and did not make education a priority. “Education is not his thing.”'

As even many Republicans are now admitting, this McCain ad is all part of the distraction campaign by McCain to steer the discussion away from the issues, because he gets creamed if the campaign is about the issues.

So, Republican hypocrisy strikes again. Earlier this year, a woman at a McCain townhall meeting asked him, "What do we do about the ?", referring to Hillary Clinton. McCain smiled as everyone else laughed, and then addressed the question. Now his campaign is calling Obama "sexist". I've said this many times but I'll say it again, if hypocrisy was outlawed, Republicans would go mute. They would have nothing to say."
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 11, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Its very annoying that the republicans keep doing this stuff while barack is not, his ads are only defending himself and express his views. While McCains is about lies and such.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 11, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I have factually countered McCain's campaign distortions time and time again. He's tried to saturate the public with half falsehoods, either by using ads or propaganda via surrogates. McCain's campaign attack is to prey on the uniformed public in hopes to win the election come hell or high water. It's outright shameful for a Nam war veteran to stoop so low because he's really starting to tarnish his medals. I've grown weary of most politicians, but admittedly this crop of Republicans starting with the Bush clan, rank most poorly on my list.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 11, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    I have factually countered McCain's campaign distortions time and time again. He's tried to saturate the public with half falsehoods, either by using ads or propaganda via surrogates. McCain's campaign attack is to prey on the uniformed public in hopes to win the election come hell or high water. It's outright shameful for a Nam war veteran to stoop so low because he's really starting to tarnish his medals. I've grown weary of most politicians, but admittedly this crop of Republicans starting with the Bush clan, rank most poorly on my list.

I couldn't agree more!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 08:53 PM
    And McCain is trying to seduce Obama into sliding down into the mud with him.

Obama's change message is unchanging -- McCain = Bush = failure.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 02:05 AM
    Not surprised.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 05:31 AM
    More:

ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Ari just destroyed brad on that.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 01:44 PM
    On the first charge, SB 99 is specifically a comprehensive sex education bill which amended state law to include such education to grades K through 12, Sec. 27-9.2. The bill was not as Obama said specifically "written to protect young children from sexual predators" though it included such information within the framework of the comprehensive sex education courses. Where's McCain's lie?

On the second and third, as factually true as the DNC's (and some of you here) distortion of McCain's "100 years" in Iraq.

On the fourth, distortions on both sides.

On the fifth, see Obama's Lame Claim About McCain's Money, Not Pictured Here and Obama tied to lobbyists, but boasts of not taking money.

On the sixth, that Obama is singlehandedly responsible for high gas prices is about as accurate as McCain would be serving Bush's third term.

Glad I could be of help.
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 13, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    On the first charge, SB 99 is specifically a comprehensive sex education bill which amended state law to include such education to grades K through 12, Sec. 27-9.2. The bill was not as Obama said specifically "written to protect young children from sexual predators" though it included such information within the framework of the comprehensive sex education courses. Where's McCain's lie?

On the second and third, as factually true as the DNC's (and some of you here) distortion of McCain's "100 years" in Iraq.

On the fourth, distortions on both sides.

On the fifth, see Obama's Lame Claim About McCain's Money, Not Pictured Here and Obama tied to lobbyists, but boasts of not taking money.

On the sixth, that Obama is singlehandedly responsible for high gas prices is about as accurate as McCain would be serving Bush's third term.

Glad I could be of help.
    Here is your lie the bill does not say kindergartners should be taught about sex. It is a bill that sets guidelines for sex ed depending on age. Were at a kindergarten level kids should only know of good touch and bad touch. No truly intelligent person believes that this bill suggests teaching kindegarners about sex if you honestly believe this you are retarded how ever I think is because you support mc cain and refuse to see other views so you just bash them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John mcCain's appearance [ 7 Answers ]

The apparent lump or mass on McCain's face//neck left side... is that a pow leftover, just "fatness" or some kind of a medical issue? Thanks in advance Sean :confused:

McCain's Running Mate Announced! [ 8 Answers ]

Just in from the newsroom: It's Pat Buchanan. Go John & Pat!! . .

What do you think of McCain's pastor comments vs. Obama's? [ 6 Answers ]

Comments made by both pastors are critical to any campaign. But what do you see in each of these pastor's comments? In contrast with each pastor's viewpoint, how do the American people (you) feel about what they are saying? ABC News: McCain Pastor: Islam Is a 'Conspiracy of Spiritual Evil'

I Have Video Proof Now [ 50 Answers ]

Now I had my friend record while I attempted to tap into the telekinetic energy and I made a t.v. dinner table move. I have two vids of it.. now they seem rigged but I can promise *with my right hand raised* that we didn't rig the videos. Saying that its up to you whether you want to believe. I...

View more questions Search