Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kavkas6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Changed head gasket on peugeot 206 now car won't start
    Hiya can some one help!!
    I just changed the head gasket in my peugeot 206 and now the car won't start and battery died, I tried to jump start it but that didn't work, has anyone had this problem or know what's wrong with it, please advise!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kavkas6
    hiya can some one help!!!
    i just changed the head gasket in my peugeot 206 and now the car won't start and battery died, i tried to jump start it but that didnt work, has anyone had this problem or know whats wrong with it, please advise!!
    After reassembly, the battery was fully charged and the timing was properly preset?

Won't start? Doesn't turn over or won't fire up?

Tell us what you did to preset the timing. And why did the head gaskets require replacement?
    Which manual did you use for your rebuild?
    Be specific, and help us help you...
    kavkas6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Hiya thanks for your response. The head gasket was replaced because I had oil mixing with water and was advised by three garages that the head gasket had gone. We used haynes peugeot manual for the rebuild. I put the timing belt back as it was. The car does turn over but won't fire up, the battery was charged but now is dead from trying to start car.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Obviously, the battery will require recharging.

Double check all the connections along the engine harness, paying particular attention to the ignition system and fuel system connection.

Let us know...
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Have you checked for spark? And Gas in the cylinder?

Also when you say you put the timing back as it was, what do you mean?? Did you align it to the starting position, or did you just not spin your crank and cam and assume they would line up.

Please describe how you went about setting your timing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 Civic won't start after head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I just put a new head gasket on a 1995 Honda Civic with a B17b7 1.5L Non V Tech. I replaced the spark plugs, as well as the plug wires. I gapped the plugs to 1.1 mm like it said to do under the hood. My customer told me that the timing belt is brand new, and it looks brand new so I did not replace...

Car won't start after changing head gasket. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Magna TP auto, just spent all day yesterday changing the head gasket as it was overheating and all other remedies failed. Anyway, put it all back together and now it cranks but won't start :( I think it's one of 2 things, I had another amateur helping me as I'm 24weeks pregnant...

Car won't start after changed INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I car has not start for awhile because I haven't have a chance to look at it but last week I work it for the weekend. The reason it didn't start because it doesn't have any spark and the ECM has 3 fried transistor so I put another ECM from the 1995 CIVIC LX. By the way, the car that has...

Head gasket changed on peugeot 206, car won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I had my head gasket and timing belt changed on my peugeot 206, the car drove away from the garage fine. I stopped off to do some shopping, went back to the car and it wouldn't start. Was making a whirring sound when I turned the key. Any advice would be appreciated?

View more questions Search