Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01 m gt Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Sep 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
    I hit what ever is in front of me when I'm mad
    Ok, my problem is that every time I get mad I hit or kick something. And I really need to stop because last time I hit my car's window there was blood everywhere. I just feel like that's the only way I can get all the strees out of my head. I also joined a kickboxing class thinking that I could take all my anger on the punching bags. But instead of helping it made things worse and now I get more aggressive not only with things but I pushed and punch my girlfriend's friend and now she broke up with me. I want to change because my anger made me lost the love of my life and I don't know what to do!!
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Anger management classes.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Taking up kickboxing sounds like a great idea! Guess it wasn't. You are aware that violence is a problem and are willing to take steps to eliminate it, you're half-way there.

I'd recommend counselling to work out the underlying issues. In the meantime you can attack stuffed animals or pillows. Another thing is to first admit that you're mad, remind yourself that it will pass, then take a length of old hose or cable and beat up an old phone book. The whopping sound is so satisfying. Quit hurting yourself and other people. Get counselling to find out why you get so angry.

Anger is an emotion born of fear. There are only two true emotions, love and fear.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 09:19 AM
    There was a study done some time ago which found out that expressing anger in a loud or violent way actually increases anger!!

With that known, go to an anger management class and see how you do.

Best wishes going forward! :)
    DMA Posts: 114, Reputation: 8

Sep 12, 2008, 10:15 AM
    The body and mind are linked. A person that feels angry will look angry (clenched fists etc), and also have angry thoughts. My advice is to try and control your thoughts and physical reaction. Think about kittens and unclench your fists and stop grinding your teeth. Since mind and body are linked that should help you stop feeling angry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get the front and top off my washer? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 417 that I want to stack with my dryer. How do I get the top off so that I can stack the dryer on top? The manual does not give any answers and I can't find the answer on Sears.com.

We like each other but he flirts with his new girlfriend in front of me [ 2 Answers ]

I told this guy I likd him and he said he liked me and that was before he got his new girlfriend... now he's making me feel guilty by walking rite up to me and flirting wit her rite there or cumin up to me saying 'guess what I'm doing this weekend'... do I just ignore him or tell him how I feel?

Front end and back end [ 2 Answers ]

Difference between front end and back end of web page?

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

View more questions Search