Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ammnyc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Hi, I'm doing some research on this subject. If anyone is willing to talk to me more about their experience or knows where I can find more official information about the BSA's policies on homosexuality I would really appreciate it. You can email me at [email protected].
    ammnyc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Hi, I'm doing some research on this subject. If anyone is willing to talk to me more about their experience or knows where I can find more official information about the BSA's policies on homosexuality I would really appreciate it. You can email me at [email protected].
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:47 PM

How's the Eagle project coming? How are you feeling about this situation?
    runner4391 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 11:50 AM
    I know this is like three years later, but did you get to keep your eagle award. I am in the same position as you were. Were you still able to use it to your advantage to get into college and things like that?
    instinct4392 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 12:54 PM
    Comment on runner4391's post
    Yes I got to keep it. I didn't come out until college (sept of 2010). I got so comfortable being out there that I eventually sent a mass text out to everyone including boyscouts. And actually the two I texted didn't care. I highly recommend waiting until you get the award and such so that if it was taken away you can still show the award to future employers. Also it did help mr get into a top ten school. Without it, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it. Good luck.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2011, 04:34 PM

If you accomplish your eagle scout that is a huge thing. If they take it away for being gay, they are wrong. Once you achieve it, they can say whatever they want but cannot take away the accomplishment. If you achieve something, whether someone else regrets recognizing the achievement or not, they can't erase what you have already done. So earn it and knot that no matter what they might do in the future, if you've earned your Eagle Scout, you've earned it. Period. They can take away the award, but not the achievement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy Scouts [ 54 Answers ]

Hi, I have an interesting question for your consideration and opinions. But first, here is a little history of the Boy Scouts of America. Scouting began in England in 1907-08, created by General Robert Baden-Powell. B-P, a 50-year old bachelor at the time, and was one of the few heroes to come...

View more questions Search