Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazigirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 11:34 AM
    visa overstay
    My husband and I just got married in April , I am pregnant and he can't find a job because he doesn't have papers. He overstayed his visa... He is from Jordan and I'm american, who can I talk to or what can I do, to get him a work permit without him being deported... If someone calls immigration for him for no reason can he be deported? Please give me as much information about this subject as you can..
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
    If someone reported him to ICE, he may be deported... yes.

I assume that he entered US on visitor's visa but overstayed, correct?
    If yes... you need to contact immigration attorney to file a waiver and petition immigrant visa for him. If he did not sneak into US without inspection, he can remain in US while waiting for the visa.
    Crazigirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Someone threatened my husband life last night and jumped on him... The guy is here in the country illegal, him and his wife, he has been here for 17 years, he have his own business and he have young kids he has been to jail and has a criminal record if I call ice for him will they deport him or let him stay cause of his kids?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    You can report to ICE, but result may or may not be immediate. If they threatened you and your family, you should call the cop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

View more questions Search