Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elaine0602 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 05:55 AM
    How to be a better teen
    I just wanted to know how to be a be a better teen. I always seem to be bad to everyone and fight with my sister. Sarah-jayne
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 05:58 AM
    There is no such thing as a 'good' or 'bad' teenager. Part of being a teen is experiencing the good and bad. You can control how you treat others though; any teenager has that common sense.

Why do you feel your 'bad' to people?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 06:35 AM
    To put the needs and considerations of others ahead of your own is a place to start. Of course, being a doormat to others isn't the goal, but if the problem is people giving YOU a hard time, analyze how you're contributing to the problem with each of them and eliminate your part... at least for now. See how that affects it.

Listen to what your family and friends say to you, not the tone or emotion, but the factual content. Tell us some examples of what you experience that makes you think you need to be better. I'll bet the answers you need to start will be evident in the examples you cite, evident even to you.
    Stacie247 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by elaine0602
    i just wanted to know how to be a be a better teen. i always seem to be bad to everyone and fight with my sister. sarah-jayne
    I'm a teen myself and just to start no teen is perfect we have all made mistakes, don't try to be perfect!!
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 11, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Im 16, and I try to live a good life by doing 1 good deed a day. And tomorrow and Saturday I'm volunteering at a soup kitchen and delivering food.

Maybe you should try doing things like this. Im of course not anywhere near perfect or anything, but I feel I can at least contribute back
    Mo2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Well there are many ways to solve your problem, first find out the problem itself.. what is makes you a not-so-good-teen? Is it your friends, or just you?
    What ever the situation might be just know you are not alone and there are others out there that have these issues to. Come follow this blog, share your experiences on there are there are people who have gone through the same that will give you advice. It's a pretty new blog but hey be one of the first to join... hope to see you there as I am a member too http://better-teen.blogspot.com/ .
    Everything will get better.
    AdviceAngelx Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 12:38 PM

As the saying goes, 'no one is perfect'. Everyone is special and unique so don't try to be someone you're not. Just respect and be considerate of others and you'll feel like a good person on the inside. :)
    AdviceAngelx
    Help for when you need it the most;
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Nov 21, 2009, 09:56 AM

Well, my answer is late. But I agree with everyone above; there is no "perfect" teenager, or person really. Just be nice to people who deserve it, respect people who respect you, don't fight with your sister for stupid reasons, get good grades, etc.
    donavanyieh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 03:48 AM

No one is perfect. Its OK to fight with your sis. EVerybody does but about other people, you have to control yourself. When you talk to other people just smile nad laugh at their jokes. Don't go around offending people or one day you will get beaten up
    Ejann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Analyze then change.. think before you act or saying words... that'l help you to be a better teen.. mistakes is natural.. always think and think and think.. you'l be fine.. :D
    alaskanteen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 11:30 PM
    I want to be a better teen.. But everything I do is in vain. I have days where I hear a song that makes me cry, like guardian angel by red jumpsuit, or diary of jane, and then I strive to be better... But it doesn't feel like anyone notices or cares. Odd thing is only people I barely know do, not my family or "friends" which is a term I use very lightly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen sex [ 63 Answers ]

I like to check in on my daughter's my space from time to time. There was never anything worth getting fired up about. I was just on and read a conversation she had with a boy about what they were going to do sexually the next time they were going to see each other. I felt sick. She is only 14 and...

Teen sex [ 7 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I have NEVER had sex. I know that this is normal however I have a problem. I have a girlfriend of over a year and a half (She knows the days I just agree). She has talked to me about sex before and she has mentioned her curiosity. She will not talk to me about it directly. ...

Teen Sex? [ 35 Answers ]

I've been reading posts and answers from this website and realized many teens are having sex! I go to a public school in Canada and I'm in my second-last year of high school and the thought of sex at this age really scares me. It's the same with my friends, we would get creeped out if we found out...

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search